FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake trout pups  (Read 4195 times)

woodchip1

Re: Lake trout pups
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Rapalas have a lot better color assortment than the Christen  lures

Tunker

« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Whack job I can relate to - understanding wife....not so much.

You are right about the Rapalas and with all the crap available they seem to have become very underrated.  Doesn't make a ton of sense in my book.

He sure seems like a whack job with an understanding wife(s).

While my memory is terrible, I seem to remember reading a lot of articles about him trolling for browns with Rapalas (the #11 in particular).   

Swampking89

« Reply #17 on: Sep 21, 2018, 03:26 PM »
Bottom line,rapalas still work!!

Turnbuckle

« Reply #18 on: Sep 22, 2018, 07:52 AM »
This thread should be locked.  ::)
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #19 on: Sep 22, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Yea this got off topic quick lol. I’m just saying, if the state put out more info or even advertising that they want people to remove the smaller fish and how to catch them, it might get some more interest. Same with the message about invasive species in general.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Turnbuckle

« Reply #20 on: Sep 22, 2018, 08:17 PM »
Yea this got off topic quick lol. I’m just saying, if the state put out more info or even advertising that they want people to remove the smaller fish and how to catch them, it might get some more interest. Same with the message about invasive species in general.

I was being sarcastic about the rapala talk.  ;D
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

joefishmore

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:22 PM »

People want to catch fish but they don't want togue to lug back because they don't like to eat them.

JDK

« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2018, 07:59 AM »
God help me I agree with joe.  IF&W making a video about a problem everyone knows exists and with fish no one seems to want to eat doesn't sound like a good use of resources.

If people killed the smaller better eating fish rather than the big greasers, I bet their opinion of the flavor might change.  Also, I have found that fish from alewife waters often tend to taste like nuts.
# SAND

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Be glad your coldwater fisheries have a coldwater forage. Our Great Lakes over here are having problems keeping enough going for forage. And one of my favorite inland lakes has had them extirpated by the over planting of lake trout. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #24 on: Sep 30, 2018, 11:10 AM »
R Yep, lake trout, they look great on paper for producing potential trophies, but no one wants to harvest them. If the smaller ones under 18” were easier to catch, I hear they taste more like a regular trout.
Maybe during their next netting survey, since they were so good at targeting them, they should just get a few extra net fulls to remove as population control.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

JDK

« Reply #25 on: Sep 30, 2018, 12:17 PM »
I watched a 1 hour video last night of IF&W electrofishing for and tagging and releasing muskie and bass in the St. John River.  If they aren't killing those, I doubt they will kill a few extra netfuls of togue. 

# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.