FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Our Trip West 2018  (Read 2918 times)

Bartman44

Our Trip West 2018
« on: Sep 23, 2018, 08:29 PM »
The wife and I didn’t make it out west last year, opting instead for the Great Smokey Mountains. That was fun but this year we  decided to hit the land of big sky and huckleberry pie -  Montana -  It was   our first time  there.  We spent more than a week   bouncing from the Missoula area, to Whitefish and Glacier, then to a cabin on Rock Creek, then back to the Spokane area where we hung out for a few days to end the trip.

We explored,  hiked , I did some fishing of course and we ate well.   I found the fishing challenging partly because there was so much water. Still, I caught fish most every day and I caught my first bull trout and mountain whitefish.   One day, we drove on a gravel road 17 miles off the main road to find a beautiful lake filled with small, but eager   cutthroat trout.  Nobody  there but us.    I was also able to fish the Spokane River in Washington for a bit and was able to catch one of its red band rainbows so I now can say I caught a fish in the state of Washington. 

A wild fire forced us to make a 2 hour detour to get into the east side of Glacier National Park but the ride was worth it.  The west side opened the day we flew back (oh well).   The wildlife was diverse and we saw our first grizzly bear (from a safe distance.)

The night sky is all that is advertised if you can get away from the city.  I don’t have the right lenses for capturing the stars so my photos are bad but you still get the gist of what it’s like there  on a clear night.

After a great trip, its back to work but my son just got back from Rhode Island and the stripers are biting so it’s time to head "east"  soon.

Here’s a link to a slide show of the trip  I put together.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oTxO_gIG9c&t=2s

Bart

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Re: Our Trip West 2018
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Great video, thanks for sharing!
done dirt cheap!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:01 AM »
What a great trip. Thanks for sharing....h2l

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:06 AM »
Great slide show Bart....   :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

FrankM

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Thanks for sharing!!!! I need to take some time off!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2018, 04:43 PM »
X2

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2018, 05:24 PM »
X3
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Awesome trip for sure, thanks for sharing!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:12 PM »
A lot of public land out there. Hope it stays that way.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

paulyum1616

« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2018, 07:34 AM »
very cool!, thanks for sharing

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Great photography!  That brown at about the 4 minute mark is impressive.  Thanks for sharing!

zwiggles

« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:01 PM »
Looks like a great trip, and thanks for sharing it with us!

Dug1898

« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Wow, you must have had a great time. Great photos Bart. Thanks for sharing your trip.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing what looked like a spectacular trip Bart.  Montana is on my list as well.  I just got back from 4 days of fly fishing and sightseeing in the Colorado Rockies.  Drove from Denver to Vail on I-70 crossing the continental divide going through the Eisenhower tunnel which was really something.  The aspens were in full fall color which was something to see and the river I fished was full of beautiful browns and bows which were fun to watch and fish for in the low clear water. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.