FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hello From Warm Nebraska  (Read 1768 times)

Fisher50

Hello From Warm Nebraska
« on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:06 AM »
Greetings from a warm Nebraska.  Borrowing the Son’s laptop.  Typing on this thing is much different than my desktop.   Got the Son and his girlfriend (my good fishing partner) moved in on Sunday. It was 92 degrees, and the parking lot was quite a ways from the door to the apartment.  Lost a few pounds that day.  It is to warm up for later in the week.  Maybe 100 on Thursday.  I’m voting for Wednesday to start the trip home. 

Got some needed shopping done for them (of course, I get the bill).  Now, we just got to get by the goodbye part.  It will be tough, leaving them this far away, and going home to that “empty nest.”  Think they got a pretty good start. 

I’ll be back in a few days chasing the Houghton Lake Walleye.  Dach, ready for some fishing?  Think we have some company coming to the lake this weekend.  Will be out on the lake, weather permitting, looing to find the NewLaker.  Would like to see his new boat. 

Rick

"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

Fisher50

Re: Hello From Warm Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Steve, I do have you stored in my phone.  I hope to be up sometime Thursday.  I expect to have a houseful of company, so I may not get much fishing in.  Will be on the water a lot, especially if it is as warm as the last forcast we saw before leaving Michigan called for.  Think they were saying ninety some degrees Friday.  That will feel cool after this humid stuff we got out here in Nebraska.  Always nice in the water.  I'm sure we will be parking on a sand bar for the kids to play on a few times.  We'll have a five year old nephew along.  also, his younger brother.  I'll give you a call from the lake.   

If I get a chance, I'll give a call.  Depends on what everybody wants to do. 
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Yeah Rick, Im ready for some fishing, Free all day Friday.  Got an open-house downstate on Sat though.  Let me know???.

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

Fisher50

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Watched the wind blow on Friday.  Didn't get out at all.  Spent some time out on Saturday.  Had to go to Spikehorn for a Walleye dinner.  Sunday, we left for home early, as a nephew was playing in a high school basketball all star game.  Working on getting a new depth finder for the fishing boat.  Might have to make a trip to Cabelas this week.  I'll keep in touch.  Holiday around the corner.  Not sure if we can stretch a couple extra days. 

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Hey Rick I rode the bike over past your place thursday and Sat nites, didnt see any one around. Hotter then H today and real hazy. well heres hoping we get out fishing some time. LOL

Mike

""TIGHT LINES"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.