FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 1914 times)

bigr

Missy report
« on: Mar 20, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Made it out for my first open water trip this year. Fished red bridge area. Water was 10 ft high and dropping quick. Muddy. Lots of fish in the 6 to 10 inch range with a few bigger ones mixed in. 3 to 4 ft deep double rigged 1/32oz tubes in blk/chart with most fish coming close to shore. If we don't get much rain the fishing should only get better with bigger fish coming more often. The sally is very near winter pool and I expect good fishing at 105 and other places. My next trip will be today or tomorrow to the sally and will report my results. Now's the time on the resi's. Good luck. Lots of migrating waterfowl. I saw atleast 100 white American pelicans, several eagles, whooping cranes and grey herons and numerous ducks I couldn't identify. Black turkey vultures and the sounds of hoot owls echoing thru the woods.     

Docks Hound

Re: Missy report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Thanks for the report.

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Awesome report ! Always enjoy reading your reports !
I'm going to be out somewhere this weekend not sure quite yet but I considered coming that way may bring the boat but also thought about hitting the dam. And I've never felt comfortable leaving a boat or a pickup with things in the bed in that parking lot

basshead

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2019, 06:07 PM »
If you take  boat to mississinewa red bridge ramp is closed for repairs.

bherr24

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:40 PM »
hit missy this afternoon. picked away at em and had to sort thru the small ones but kept 18 between my buddy and me. my buddy landed one a little over 15 inches long that hes taking to the taxi tomorrow. i heard the bite was much better on saturday.

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:08 AM »
These are very heavy fish as well as long. Been seeing and hearing about a lot of big fish from both resi's. Biggest I've caught on Friday was 13 1/2 from missy but saw what looked like a couple 15s. This week should be very good with the weather forecast we have. There were a few boats on the water sunday so I think they are getting on red bridge some how. The fishing will only get better as long as the heavy rains hold off. Get em while you can.

drine_11

« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Water is still very muddy..and bite was not good at all for me.  Was there for a few hours and alot of people out, but very few fish caught.  Moved around to several places and bite never got any better.

bherr24

« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Yeah bite was off yesterday. i ended up with 10 keepers all 11 inches or better but i had to work for em. i didnt have any luck at all at red bridge so i went up to slocum and found a few...very close to the bank. water was a lot muddier then sunday for some reason. surprised me considering it barely rained.

drine_11

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Yeah bite was off yesterday. i ended up with 10 keepers all 11 inches or better but i had to work for em. i didnt have any luck at all at red bridge so i went up to slocum and found a few...very close to the bank. water was a lot muddier then sunday for some reason. surprised me considering it barely rained.

Must of been from the big winds we've had?   Yes, hasnt been much rain...and looking around east of Somerset, the river looks good. Hopefully this next weather pattern wont mess things up for the first week or 2 of April

bherr24

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2019, 08:23 AM »
yeah rained good i would expect shes toast for a while now. my next trip will probably be up river in a few weeks. always my favorite trips of the year over there. i went over again yesterday and tried and did even worse then wednesday. probably caught 25 or so but not a single keeper sized fish.

hookitNcookit

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Will next weekend be any good you think? Coming for an overnighter for first time 2 hrs away maybe! Would wait a couple weeks but Ill be on erie then. Got the crappie itch needs a scratchin

bherr24

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2019, 09:32 AM »
i would expect it to be up and pretty muddy next weekend with this rain were getting. I think there calling for more rain later in the week as well.

hookitNcookit

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Yeah that time of year. Was wondering if you need a DNR lake sticker on your boat like Monroe reservoir? Thanks for the info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.