FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Different Methods of cleaning perch?  (Read 43060 times)

busler15

Different Methods of cleaning perch?
« on: Aug 09, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Check this out folks.

&feature=related

Found this on YouTube.
Has anybody tried this method?
I would think that the spine/ribcage is still in the meat! Would they dissolve during cooking?

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
Re: Different Methods of cleaning perch?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2009, 09:23 AM »
The ribcage is intact and does not disolve, but you flake the meat off in the same manner as when eating a whole catfish. Take a fork and rake the meat off of the fish from the backbone down towards the belly following the ribs and the meat will fall off and leave the rib bones behind. You can go one step further and filet the meat off, but that might take 14 seconds ;D Personally I'm never in that big of a hurry.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

busler15

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I think next time I will use this method but I will fillet the meat off. Save me cutting through bone, going around it instead.

Velcro

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2010, 04:19 PM »
I think I'll use this method next time I get some perch... With bigger perch I might take an extra step to fillet the meat off the ribs.

hrdcore

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2012, 10:34 AM »
I have seen this video on u-tube aswell. Pretty cool but not a very practical way to prepare perch for the fryer when you have kids the like to eat fish fast. I cant cook them fast enough!

Poiigas

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2013, 12:24 PM »
if only this were boneless filets in 10 secs...takes about 1 min per fish the way i do em.

Cornbread

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2013, 09:15 AM »
The way he cleans them in that video is the way both my GF and I have always cleaned them. If you want boneless you simply cut it away from the bones after you are done. Mostly we always just cook them up as is, and eat them off the bone.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.