FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513023 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2985 on: Jul 04, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Looks happy Bart!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2986 on: Jul 07, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Picked my first cukes and pickles yesterday and they were delicious! Tomatoes are coming along. Peppers are doing very well. Potatoes and garlic are still growing. Spinach in the trough planter is going to seed and the radishes  and Brussels sprouts are ........sprouted.

July and the season is progressing. Can't help but think about October when I'll be shutting things down again. Wish I could garden year round.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2987 on: Jul 09, 2019, 04:15 PM »
  Garden is absolutely thriving!

Pepper land

Zuchinni gone wild, Dom post the relish again of you would please

Maters galore

Time to stock up on canning supplies ....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2988 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:05 PM »
Looks really great Ed. Nice work!
I've been picking cukes and pickles for the last week. Tomatoes are coming along. Hot peppers are starting to really produce.taters are still going strong and the garlic isn't ready just yet.

What variety of zucchini did you plant? Leaves look totally different from mine.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #2989 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:10 PM »
Looks really great Ed. Nice work!
I've been picking cukes and pickles for the last week. Tomatoes are coming along. Hot peppers are starting to really produce.taters are still going strong and the garlic isn't ready just yet.

What variety of zucchini did you plant? Leaves look totally different from mine.

Rg
Elite Bob, and thanks!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2990 on: Jul 09, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Looks awesome Ed and happy belated birthday bro..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

« Reply #2991 on: Jul 09, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Looks awesome Ed and happy belated birthday bro..
Thanks man!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2992 on: Jul 11, 2019, 02:29 PM »
Did some research and it seems that the zucchini flowers man not be  pollinated completely. So this morning I got out the little paint brush and helped a couple fresh blossoms along. I find it hard to believe that there's not enough pollinators around. I have a plethora of wild flowers around the garden.

Maybe I'm defeating my own purpose by planting so many flowers. Maybe the pollinators prefer the wild flowers to my zucchini. I don't know, but we really like the flowers.

Rg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2993 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Did some research and it seems that the zucchini flowers man not be  pollinated completely. So this morning I got out the little paint brush and helped a couple fresh blossoms along. I find it hard to believe that there's not enough pollinators around. I have a plethora of wild flowers around the garden.

Maybe I'm defeating my own purpose by planting so many flowers. Maybe the pollinators prefer the wild flowers to my zucchini. I don't know, but we really like the flowers.

Rg

I am just about ready to pull my zucchini plants as they are all done fruiting. Time for round 2. Same with lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, potatoes, carrots, beats and cabbage. 
Wicked Wec

filetandrelease

« Reply #2994 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:07 PM »

Sorry Dots happy belated

drowndin dots

« Reply #2995 on: Jul 11, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Sorry Dots happy belated
Thanks Fred!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2996 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Well I have been slacking on my garden due to my collar bone not healing so yesterday spent all morning trying to get my beds weeded and plants staked up.  Don't know how long the fence has been off but the deer had a field day...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinjohn

« Reply #2997 on: Jul 15, 2019, 06:40 AM »
I am just about ready to pull my zucchini plants as they are all done fruiting. Time for round 2. Same with lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, potatoes, carrots, beats and cabbage.
Yikes... my zuchininni and squash JUST STARTED producing.. lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2998 on: Jul 15, 2019, 07:33 AM »
Yeah, I'm getting my first zucchini as well. Pickles, cukes and peppers are all doing well. I'm fighting septoria leaf spot on my tomatoes. Just pruned pretty aggressively. I've been treating with need oil but I think I may have to go to daconil. Fruit looks pretty good but the plants lost a lot of foliage.

I'm also battling the yearly Japanese beetle invasion. So far they've mostly gone after my cone flower bed. My traps are filling up fast. Couple more weeks and they should be done.

Pulled a few garlic plants that were tipped over. Really nice garlic this year. I'll let most of it go for a couple more weeks. I'll probably pull the potatoes this week. They're all starting to tip over.

Smoked up some stuffed jalapeņos from the garden on Saturday. Very mild variety.

The growing season is progressing.

Rg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2999 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:26 AM »
After my ME trip this weekend I need to pull pretty much everything and do a fall crop. cabbage heads are about 14" across. Made a meal out of fresh potatoes and beans yesterday with some fluke on the side. berries are coming in strong.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.