FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: weekend report  (Read 1639 times)

jibbs

weekend report
« on: Apr 20, 2008, 07:18 PM »
went to massy on saturday and experienced a pretty tough bite..........i did manage two with 20 minutes of each other on a char/blue bomber 4A........both were on a small laydown and tight to the shore........word has it that the bass were cruising up tight, but very skittish.........on sunday i went to phillips and had better luck.......i finished with 13 and the biggest was 4 pounds 2 ounces.........i went solo so there  is no picture for this weeks report........12 came on a clown colored smithwick rogue (floater).......and the other one came on a strike king perch pattern suspending jerkbait.........i was casting as tight to the shore as possible and they were taking it after a few hard twitches.........the biggest bass came out of a beaver hut after a number of repeated casts........the surface temp started at 55 and was 61 at 4 pm........tried slowing down with a texas rigged flappin hog and a senko, but with the wind being what it was it seemed more practical to cover water......hope to get back out tomorrow after baseball practice
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
Re: weekend report
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Great Report!  If I was a "green fish" fisherman, I would definitely use what I learn from your reports on the water!

Oh and.......Nice Fish!  ;)
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2008, 10:46 AM »
thanks duck......right now most of the green fisherman need as much help as we can get......they are up, but very tricky to catch.......they will scatter once you hit the shallows
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

bassranger

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2008, 08:14 AM »
Nice work Jibbs bet you wish you had that 4lber on Saturday.  Sunday night I attempted to go to Onway to find the water so low that I couldn't get my boat off the trailer.  Instead I ended up at  Great pond for a couple hours saw a lot of little guy's cruising shallow managed one little one in a small back cove.  Fished swains on Monday saw big schools of 1-2lbers real tight to shore soaking up the sun, water temps where a lot cooler than I expected 49-52 in the morning peaked out at 55 in the afternoon caught a dozen or so small bass biggest one maybe 2lbs caught all my fish on jigs and senko's probably could of caught a ton more but wanted to try and find the bigger guy's. I'm hoping some bigger fish will move in on those spots.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2008, 11:19 AM »
what's up B Ranger......i went last night (monday) to phillips and caught a  half a dozen, but still tough......right now if you can't cast tight to shore you are screwed........i am going on april vacation this friday, so if you want to go somewhere on monday let  me know.......i am going to hang around here for a few days and then head up to winni if it opens up......i plan on doing the mid week with mike.......saturday i am probably going to go to pleasant or northwood.....i am pushing for northwood and sunday i will probably go to bow......if you are interested maybe would could get one of the lunker deals going again.......let me know and have a good week at work........i need to stop in there sometime and check things out.......peace.......jibbs

bassranger

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I'm game, I was thinking of trying to get on pawtuckaway Monday if the water level comes up a little.  I will take a drive up there sometime this week to see how its doing.  I'm pretty sure granite state is doing there open tournament there may 4th and I plan on fishing it. I'll keep you posted on the water level.

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
hey kid, let me know what the water levels are and i will meet you on monday if things work out........

bassranger

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2008, 07:30 AM »
will do, I'll probably check it tomorrow when I get out of work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.