FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stocking has begun  (Read 2957 times)

riverat

• Nothing like a nice firm Bass in my hands!
Fishing is good for what ails the mind.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
Re: Stocking has begun
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I know that the stocking around my parent's area was stocked last Monday.  Sadly though, there is not a fish around due to being fished out already!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2008, 01:35 PM »
Let the Fun Begin........... ;D ;D ;D

hook-set

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2008, 07:18 PM »
GALLONS UPON GALLONS OF WASTED GAS CHASING THE TRUCK ONLY TO FIND A FISHED OUT POND LOL... NOT ANOTHER YEAR..AAAHHHH OK I'LL DO IT AGAIN LOL :laugh:

troutchaser

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2008, 09:12 PM »
   yeah but what about the salmon falls and isinglass

Piker07

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2008, 01:15 AM »
It certainly is a shame that NH has such a put and take system. Just no fun when there are no fish to catch. I would much rather they put a start date on the season and have catch and release before the start date. That would give the fish time to get used to the rivers and spread out a bit. People would have to work harder to get their fish, but isn't that what it's all about? I would rather catch 2 quality fish then 5 trout that were stocked yesterday. You can buy them at the store if you really like stock trout for dinner, they are after all mainly the same fish. Farm raised.....hatchery raised not much different. Practice catch and release.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2008, 06:33 AM »
I'd also pay extra for a special program that applied to a handful of selected water bodies.  Rather than putting effort into put and take fish, it would focus more on expanding and protecting habitats to build a self sustaining population.  You'd need to purchase the stamp to fish there, and not having that stampt would carry a decent fine with a loss of license.  The management areas could be remote and regulated to build a strong fishery for those of us who like native brook trout more than put and take fish.

The state does have some catch and release only areas that protect wild brook trout, but I'd like to see the number of these areas increase and would be willing to pay extra for a stamp to go with my license to fish it.  That way it wouldn't affect license fees for the guys who like put and take ponds or green fish.

I don't think anyone would disagree that native brookies taste better and are in better physical condition when compared to their stocked counter parts.
Live free or die trying.

riverat

• Nothing like a nice firm Bass in my hands!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2008, 06:53 AM »
GALLONS UPON GALLONS OF WASTED GAS CHASING THE TRUCK ONLY TO FIND A FISHED OUT POND LOL... NOT ANOTHER YEAR..AAAHHHH OK I'LL DO IT AGAIN LOL :laugh:
I thought pond trout fishing openned 4/26/08 how can it be fished out already?
Fishing is good for what ails the mind.

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2008, 07:08 AM »
I thought pond trout fishing openned 4/26/08 how can it be fished out already?

We are talking rivers and streams
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

Piker07

« Reply #9 on: Apr 22, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I like that idea about the a special program. Just like the brood stock permit. I'd certainly pay a little extra to catch some quality fish. Plus you know the guy next to you is willing to do the same. I bet on those quality waters you wouldn't see 15 empty worm containers.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I like that idea about the a special program. Just like the brood stock permit. I'd certainly pay a little extra to catch some quality fish. Plus you know the guy next to you is willing to do the same. I bet on those quality waters you wouldn't see 15 empty worm containers.

That was my thinking.  Naturally, until the habitats were up, there would be a length limit if not a catch and release only restiction.  But it would be a situation of investing a few years into the water to build a population rather then stock one.
Live free or die trying.

troutchaser

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2008, 03:09 PM »
i reklease all newly stocked trout fish from rivers      still fun to catch a bunch   sometimes  even get a nice size one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.