FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Suggestions for Sunday  (Read 2072 times)

knurren

• What of it?!
Suggestions for Sunday
« on: Apr 23, 2008, 04:34 PM »
I got my new reel in today while I was at work.  That completes my Ultralite set up... now I have to try it out.  I know the weather might be crappy this weekend, but I just can't wait any longer.  Any suggestions on where to go to try for some trout.  I ask because I'm concerned about water levels.  I might try the Contoocook or the Piscatequog... does anyone know the water levels there?

Live free or die trying.

troutchaser

Re: Suggestions for Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2008, 04:40 PM »
i would def try conttookook    heard of some luck there      also heard of stocking there?

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I got my new reel in today while I was at work.  That completes my Ultralite set up... now I have to try it out.  I know the weather might be crappy this weekend, but I just can't wait any longer.  Any suggestions on where to go to try for some trout.  I ask because I'm concerned about water levels.  I might try the Contoocook or the Piscatequog... does anyone know the water levels there?

Scout out some place to launch on Winni and you might have to be on the maiden voyage!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2008, 06:31 AM »
Scout out some place to launch on Winni and you might have to be on the maiden voyage!

Alright, cool.  I might be able to take a ride up to Alton from Concord after class on Saturday.  I'd love to try my hand at Salmon fishing.
Live free or die trying.

troutnailer

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2008, 09:33 AM »
nailed 2 large winnibows yesterday by elicoya  19"  &  21"     on garden worms.   saw a couple more caught from boats and off the beach.
   tight lines

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2008, 01:05 PM »
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fish_stock_current.htm

New stocking report.  I think I will try out my UL rig tomorrow night after work and Saturday evening in New Boston. 

HILLSBORO   NEW BOSTON        PISCATAQUOG RIVER, SOUTH BRANCH
HILLSBORO   PETERBOROUGH     CONTOOCOOK RIVER
Live free or die trying.

hook-set

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2008, 05:13 PM »
contocook in henniker will be fished hard by yours truly  lol

baboosicfisherman

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2008, 05:55 PM »
i have heard that the souhegan in the wilton area has had a lot of success in the last couple days and that both of those other rivers are moving quite fast but the fishing has been decent so far this season.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2008, 05:50 PM »
I'm still undecided as to where I'm going to fish tomorrow.  The Piscataquog has been good to me, 2 browns Friday and 2 browns today.  The Piscataquog has not been terribly swift, but it is high which I think puts it at an advantage.  It's normally a shallow river making it hard for the fish to hide.  All the fish I've taken so far have all been hiding in the white water, and since it's been stocked recently, there's more room for them. 

I might pick up the fly rod and head up to the fly fishing only section in the morning.  I still have to spool my 4wt up and get all my stuff ready.

Live free or die trying.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.