FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Heading to Pulaski this weekend  (Read 3477 times)

fishandy

Re: Heading to Pulaski this weekend
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:12 PM »
I got a replica done once and ill never do it again.  I caught a nice brookie on a little stream i messured it an took a pic and let her go and then took the messurments and picture to the guy that dose my fish and i was proud doing it because the fish was still alive. Two weeks later i was mowing my lawn and saw to kids fishing the creek so i want down there they had whipped the little crick out they had 8 brookies on a stringger including my trophy I was sick.  The moral of the story is get it mounted Because if u dont someone else will.

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Well those little brookies are more than likely stocked fish...so they are sort of put there to be taken out....they wont live in the warm water anwyays, from what Ive been told. I hear you though, if you want to get it mounted why not take the real thing. We don't have anthing close to the fishery that they have and browns there are a dime a dozen, even really big ones, if it isn't as big as I'm looking for, it will go back in the water. that is IF I catch one :-)
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 16, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Well those little brookies are more than likely stocked fish...so they are sort of put there to be taken out....they wont live in the warm water anwyays, from what Ive been told. I hear you though, if you want to get it mounted why not take the real thing. We don't have anthing close to the fishery that they have and browns there are a dime a dozen, even really big ones, if it isn't as big as I'm looking for, it will go back in the water. that is IF I catch one :-)

Bring a beach towel and tape or rubber bands with you.  If you decide to keep a fish to be mounted, try to keep it alive as long as possible.   As soon as it dies wrap it in a damp (soaked then wringed out) towel, and secure it with tape (lightly taped, no pressure, just enough to keep the towel on there).  Freeze it that way.   Thats how http://www.deangelofishart.com/index.html  has had my dad and I do our trout that he mounted for us.

waterwolf603

« Reply #18 on: Nov 16, 2011, 05:22 PM »
hope you had a good trip man cant wait to see pics, i lost my walla hanger brown last week on the oak but had a great trip a few fresh kings, an atlantic, steelie (dime bright), and a handful of browns my biggest only about 6lbs beautiful fish tho... hope you got that 10 plus lber im still in the hunt..
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

lpv89

« Reply #19 on: Nov 16, 2011, 05:31 PM »

my wall hanger that i let back go. i regret that one for sure.
Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Bring a beach towel and tape or rubber bands with you.  If you decide to keep a fish to be mounted, try to keep it alive as long as possible.   As soon as it dies wrap it in a damp (soaked then wringed out) towel, and secure it with tape (lightly taped, no pressure, just enough to keep the towel on there).  Freeze it that way.   Thats how http://www.deangelofishart.com/index.html  has had my dad and I do our trout that he mounted for us.

Ive seen some of his work before.... Absolutely some of the BEST fish taxidermy I have ever seen!  :thumbup_smilie:

waterwolf603

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2011, 08:25 AM »

my wall hanger that i let back go. i regret that one for sure.

I am jealous  :-\   def would have looked great on the wall but you are just letting it gain another 5lbs before you catch it again  ;)

lavaman

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:03 AM »
i got a 13lb brown skin mounted on my wall and it's the most beautiful fish mount that i have. NY has a great stocking program and there is no shortage of big fish out there. lake ontario does support some monster fish. good luck bro and i wish i was going. work sucks.

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:52 AM »
i got a 13lb brown skin mounted on my wall and it's the most beautiful fish mount that i have. NY has a great stocking program and there is no shortage of big fish out there. lake ontario does support some monster fish. good luck bro and i wish i was going. work sucks.

Work DOES suck!!! Espacially when they wont alow you to take time off, sorry you arent coming Kevin....we will be going back in April!!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

salmon stalker

« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Good luck brother man, hope you have all day action, every day.

Kev, jump on the April train man and come with us. 3-4 day trip, spring spawn run...yeehaaa
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

lavaman

« Reply #25 on: Nov 18, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Good luck brother man, hope you have all day action, every day.

Kev, jump on the April train man and come with us. 3-4 day trip, spring spawn run...yeehaaa

Yo Ryan. i'll jump on that crazy spring train. shoot me the details when u get it together.

Scott i cant wait to c sum lunker pics. have a great time.  

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #26 on: Nov 18, 2011, 02:39 PM »
Yo Ryan. i'll jump on that crazy spring train. shoot me the details when u get it together.

Scott i cant wait to c sum lunker pics. have a great time.  

I will send as soon as I can!!! :-)

waterwolf603

« Reply #27 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:47 AM »
how did the trip go bud?

salmon stalker

« Reply #28 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:15 AM »
here is there till Weds or Thurs this week, they got in Sat.

Yesterday was a slow day he said, they did manage a couple but was not a hot day of fishing. Hopefully it turns today for them.
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

waterwolf603

« Reply #29 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:46 AM »
gotcha thanks for the update

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.