FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario, Browns still hot, Kings have slowed, Kings are back in #s  (Read 4786 times)

ReelSilver

Fished Sat morning with Al from NH, started for browns along the shoreline but after the big blow on thursday-friday night the shoreline was mud out past 25 feet and very few fish. after couple hours and only 2 fish, we made the run to catch some kings.  Only saw 2 nets out the entire time over there, we did manage a nice 18 lber and a skippy and missed 3 other good hits.  Afternoon trip was a different story, went north to sandy pond and just got the 12th rod out and all hell broke loose.  hit 8 fish before I could get a rod back out, 2 triples.  we hit over 35 fish, lots nice clean brown trout, only got 2 lamprey.  Sunday Morning, same spot, same results. Hit about 30 fish, biggest was 10.5 lbs.  Afternoon trip was slower but was very nice, not a single boat out, Mothers Day has it's advantages... only had 2 guys and hit at least 20 fish, lost a pig behind the boat, the Russian guys I had were rough on the fish and my rods, LOL Hopfully the kings didn't go to far.
Thanks
Capt. Dave

These are "The Good Ole Days"

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
Re: Lake Ontario, Browns still hot, Kings have slowed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35 AM »
Sounds like a good day despite the complications! It sounds awful hearing about people rough on your rods and fish, that sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me haha but good fishing!

NH_RED

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:12 PM »
Tough bite in the morning. Glad it turned on in the afternoon. Did manage one nice King that made the trip! Definitely be back to try our luck sometime soon 8) I landed this fish even though it was not my turn :D Lesson of the day.... do your business after your turn.  ;D

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Tough bite in the morning. Glad it turned on in the afternoon. Did manage one nice King that made the trip! Definitely be back to try our luck sometime soon 8) I landed this fish even though it was not my turn :D Lesson of the day.... do your business after your turn.  ;D

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta do a boat trip out there soon, its so much fun catching them in the river too though!!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

NH_RED

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:51 PM »
I can't even imagine hooking into a fish this big or bigger in a river on a fly rod :o
It's to bad none of our lakes around here support a fishery like Ontario.  Not a bad drive out there but a 1hr drive to fish like this would be awesome!

ReelSilver

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 06:21 PM »
If you think a fly rod in the river is fun, last year we had the dipsey set at 85 feet of wire out, the fish hit and in one nonstop run the line counter read 700 feet!  no, the drag was not loose, the king topped out at 32 lbs. I had to turn the boat sideways and even into the fish a little to gain some line.  Don't forget the bonus fish, in the middle of a triple last year we landed 2 nice kings and a huge 17.5 lb BrownTrout.. Sweet...
Thanks
Capt. Dave

Nwoods

• stick um hard baby!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 06:42 PM »
doing your busines?????? oh no!!!! :o :o :o
WE R  LOCKED !!!!!AND LOCKED AGAIN !!!

ReelSilver

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19 AM »
Ok, Finally got the photo bucket thing down, Here's Melissa with here 26 lber from May 4th, This fish was part of a Triple!

lehigh vally

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Very nice king!! Tell Mark i said hi   ;D

ReelSilver

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11 PM »
Fighting a Triple

Landing a Triple!!!!

NH_RED

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Are those nasty lamprey marks?
Nice fish!

deerme

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21 AM »
love seeing these pics!!! keep them coming  ;D

ReelSilver

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 06:36 AM »
Yes, that one fish was tore up a little.  Look at the huge salmon that Melissa caught, it had 2 lamprey on it, we killed one and you can see the scare on the top of the fish, it was a small lamprey.
Thanks
Capt. Dave

These are "The Good Ole Days" :thumbup_smilie:

Dispy

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 06:58 AM »
Very nice Capt. Dave, happy to see you're still hitting 'em :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

ReelSilver

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 02:09 PM »
Very nice Capt. Dave, happy to see you're still hitting 'em :)

Video????
Hi Tom, nice to hear from you.  I posted a new video on this thread from this May, but it got pulled.  I put it up on the "Fishing Videos" Page also, so you can all check it out there, some great fishing and of course the last fish of the day was a pig.
Thanks
Capt. Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.