FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new boat modifications  (Read 5160 times)

haightdaddy

new boat modifications
« on: Apr 07, 2013, 09:55 PM »
So i bought a nice little 12 ft v hull today. Deep and wide which is good and stable. Was wondering how people have made custom rod holder's and also what swivel seats they put into their rigs. Just want to make it a little more comfortable and versatile. Any tips/ ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: new boat modifications
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2013, 07:33 AM »
Post some pictures of the boat so we can see what you are working with, the possibilites are ENDLESS!!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

PDubs/NH

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2013, 07:46 AM »
My 12 ftr is the style with the 3 bench seats... I added a pair of those swivel bases that clamp on the bench seat, and a couple of folding back chairs. I have a 5hp Honda and a trolling motor mounted on the transom, and I made a casting deck that sits between the first and second benches to stand and cast for bass fishing.  Only other thing I added was a terminal block so that my battery is up front to balance weight, and I run one power main to the back where the block is. From that I split off for the fish finder, trolling motor and lights My fish finder and a handheld GPS mount to "RAM" balls screwed into the gunwale.

I'll post up some pics tonight.

haightdaddy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:01 AM »
I will post pictures later tonoght. Going to get removable swivel seats and I'll be in the market for a trolling motor because my little pond can't have motors in it. I have some ocean rod holder's that you shove in the sand that I might mount to the boat with some metal plumbing stuff my dad said I could use

burgerunh

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:12 AM »
Start with the 2swivel seats and a trolling motor.  That is going to make the boat much more enjoyable to fish out of.  I swear I caught more big fish out of a 12 foot tinny than I ever have out of my bigger boat! 

By the way the seats and trolling motor can typically be had at Wally World for good prices.

haightdaddy

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:15 AM »
Where is wally world??

StingingLips

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:26 AM »

haightdaddy

« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Ooooooooh that's where I was planning on heading

Surfcaster

« Reply #8 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Check craigslist for the trolling motor, i got a decent 30 lb thrust for my 14 foot kayak for like 40 bucks...still need a battery though.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Good luck with your new ride hd.
For rod holders, on a boat like yours, I like the Down East rod holders. They can be moved around to fit the best position on each boat you will have.  ;) They have several different holders & mounting options. You can adjust the angle of the rod to the water with each one. My favorite is the Saltwater clamp on S-10's. Check the gunnel configuration of your boat, to make sure they will slide over the top. You will probably want to put a short piece of strapping or thin hard wood between the thumb screw clamps And side of your boat. Check the wing nuts often as motor vibration can loosen them up. Keep them lubricated and they will last you forever. PM me for inside dimensions of the S-10's or other questions if you want?

haightdaddy

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Thanks for the info! 8)

haightdaddy

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2013, 07:22 PM »
there she is. nothing special but price was right and better than nothing!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2013, 07:53 PM »
That will git er dun.
What's her name? No girlfriends please. You will probably change them faster than boats at this time?  ;)

haightdaddy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Too much on my plate for girlfriends ;)

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2013, 01:00 AM »
HD nice boat bud! :thumbup_smilie:  Ya can't go wrong with that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.