FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good day on the salt  (Read 2021 times)

zwiggles

Good day on the salt
« on: Dec 18, 2019, 03:48 PM »
My father, myself, and two friends went out on eastmans today. It was an absolute massacre!

The pollack were big, hungry, and waiting for you on literally every drop. We hammered them for two hours or so and then changed areas to look for some haddock. We probably got a limit between my father and I, and got some more pollack as well.

Ironically enough I also reeled up and released 3-4 nice cod after getting skunked when they were open in Sept. we also got a bunch of redfish too at the first spot. Came home with a stupid ridiculous amount of filets, a thirst for good beer, and worn out bodies.

If you are interested in filling the freezer, and having a blast doing it now is the time. The pollack are insane right now. I’m hoping to go one more time before they close, but I’m not sure how much longer they will run.

Also missed winning the pool by less than a pound with a big ole pollack. Really enjoyed myself, and my dad is hooked now too.

I took some pics I will post a bit later on of the fun.

zwiggles

Re: Good day on the salt
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:50 AM »

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Great Job Z!

I think this site is pretty dead right now. I would make the run if I knew when you were going to do it again.
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Great Job Z!

I think this site is pretty dead right now. I would make the run if I knew when you were going to do it again.

Thanks ShaRPS! And, yeah this site is dead, but if I put it on shanty it would just get buried in all the “what size auger is best”, and “where is there safe ice for when I go fishing in two months” posts. I figure some people will see it, and everyone else in the spring.

If you want to go I would call Eastmans and make a reservation for Monday. Supposed to be 50 degrees and low seas. We may go again next Friday, but we currently have enough filets to eat a meal three times a week until next year.... anyone want some pollack, haha? I will let you know if we go again as it’s a gas to go with a group, and keep you in mind for next year if not.

The fishing was the best I have ever experienced. Thinking about it today, and it was just amazing. Every single drop you got a fish, and they fight pretty good compared to other groundfish like haddock.

gotagetm

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Hey zwiggles
That looks awesome!
Where exactly are you going out?
Me and wife want to do some salt water next year and looking for info on places and charters and time of year ,any info would be great ! You can pm me , thx ;!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Great job Z. Looks like a good time.. :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Great day!  Congrats. 

Some years smaller pollock are tight to the shore around now.  Fun on light gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.