FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Trout fishing  (Read 2716 times)

TroutFishingBear

Fall Trout fishing
« on: Oct 03, 2004, 03:20 PM »
How's the fall trout fishing going for you guys? I got out on my first trout outing since the start of fall yesterday on the roaring fork river in colorado. I got 31 trout: 20 browns 11 rainbows I think. I caught 4 browns in the 20-21" range including a 21" hook-jawed male that about ripped my thumb off. (roughly 4 lbs from fish weight estimation formula) I also got a fat rainbow at about 20" that was football shaped. Appx. 4.08 lbs from fish weight estimation formula. Kept 1 17 1/4" male brown trout for dinner to night. His meat was orange! Yum :)

devil-man

Re: Fall Trout fishing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Sounds like a great day, TFB!
Are you going to update your pics?

Here in WNY we're hitting the tribs for trout. Some really nice browns being caught...
By others than myself, of course.  8)

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Mid to late fall is the best time in my mind to troutfish the rivers. The fish are generally actively feeding. I have had my best days numbers wise in the fall always. Just make sure you release spawning browns or brookies, or any other trout that may be making fall spawning runs.

Tyler

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2004, 08:46 PM »
Sounds like a great day, TFB!
Are you going to update your pics?

Here in WNY we're hitting the tribs for trout. Some really nice browns being caught...
By others than myself, of course.  8)

Sounds cool!

Yeah, I'm going to be updating them, but you guys know how long it takes me to get the film developed and what not. I got 27 more pics coming in, 9 from yesterday (mostly nice browns perspective shot in the 16-21" range) and 18 others from lord knows when knowing my rolls of film. I also have 3 more starting on another roll of film, all these of nice big rainbows in the 3-4 lb range. (these ones have me in them) Who knows what surprises I may be in for on the next roll ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.