FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Real time fish finder?  (Read 9820 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Real time fish finder?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 22, 2018, 10:39 PM »
Bumping this back up. I have a feeling that once the ice package comes out for the live scope, I’m going to be pulling the trigger... this video did it for me. Not only is it a clearer image than the other panoptix units, it can see fish in the weeds! Plus about time I got something with gps besides my phone and app.

With the boat I have and how often I fish in someone else’s boat, I’ll be using a bracket to use the ice fishing “stick” during open water. Probably the same mount I have for my humminbird fishin buddy, since it too is a transducer on a stick.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

slipperybob

« Reply #31 on: Jul 23, 2018, 05:10 PM »
I am simply impressed.

I hear a lot of whizzing noise.  He must be using noisy braid.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Thats quite a generalization about lakes suffering with that tech.  Not everyone is lining up to drop 1200 bucks for the unit...I am getting on board this ice season.

lowaccord66

« Reply #33 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:01 PM »
Its a talking point but again its a generlization.  Might as well say with nukes we will have nuclear war...thankfully things dont usually have such a clear cut progression. 

I know more guys that fish with a worm and a bobber and have for 40 years than guys that stay on the bleeding edge of the technology just out of ritual.  I will tell you first hand...tech only goes so far if you dont have the basics down and I say this because it takes a bit of learning to leverage the panoptix. 

A good example is that affluent friend with an amazing boat...great equipment, but struggles to harvest a single fish.  Those guys quit in 2 hours... :)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:36 AM »

A good example is that affluent friend with an amazing boat...great equipment, but struggles to harvest a single fish.  Those guys quit in 2 hours... :)
[/quote]

LMFAO!!!   I love these guys! Always gives me a good laugh!
Wicked Wec

filetandrelease

« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Just remember the old saying 90% of the fish are caught by the 10% of the fishermen ,
 Well I’m in that category of not being all up to date on all the new tech , I’m still pretty old school  🎣 , but I’m pretty good at navigating the web for sales 🤪

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Fish finders DO NOT catch fish.
Wicked Wec

Roccus

« Reply #37 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:27 PM »
correct..but they do keep some people from running aground. ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #38 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:33 PM »
That’s true , graphs don’t catch fish   lmao , I’ll go back and place in the missing words , but I thought everyone had heard that phrase , my bad 🤗
Things sure have come along ways from my first look at a flasher in the mid 70s in a boat

seamonkey84

« Reply #39 on: Jul 26, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Milling this over and over in my head. Should I just get the ps22 so I can use it some this current season and have it ready for the ice... or wait to spend even more on the LiveScope ice package when it’s available and hope I can get one while it’s in stock. Yes the details and sensitivity looks amazing with the livescope... and little to zero interpretation of what is on the screen. L  I keep telling myself save the extra money and just learn to read the signal just like I do with my standard sonar, but seeing the difference makes it seem well worth it but then I have to wait...
Screenshots of the video I’ve been watching over and over lol.
Panoptix Livevu of weedline/weedbed

Same weedline with livescope

Really not hard to decide what I want, but do I need or have patience to wait for the extra details...
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

seamonkey84

« Reply #40 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:07 AM »
So I got kinda silly and ordered the ice bundle that is already available. It is arriving today. Just need to rig a mount for the ice swivel stick for open water use. I’m thinking a pool noodle and the mount from my HB fishin buddy will work nicely.

seamonkey84

« Reply #41 on: Aug 14, 2018, 07:12 PM »

I think this will work nicely. Going to try and give it a test run in my friends boat tomorrow. Though based on someone’s suggestion on ice shanty, I’m prob going to use a sturdier piece of pvc for use in a moving boat.

lowaccord66

« Reply #42 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:05 PM »
Nice.  I need to get with that too.  We used the panoptix the other day to slay lakers jigging in open water.  Where'd you buy from?

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #43 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Yeah, I used the ice bracket, and screwed it into the plastic console of the boat so it just overhang enough for the shaft to hang vertically. I also exchanged the top curved piece for a pool noodle, so that whenever we moved, instead of unscrewing that piece, I could just pull the pool noodle off, retrieve the ducer and shaft and move on.  The modular shaft as it comes with the ice kit, has a fair bit of flex with actually seems to help stabilize the ducer when the chop gets steep...and I've use mine in 2.5'+ chop with no problems.

seamonkey84

« Reply #44 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Nice.  I need to get with that too.  We used the panoptix the other day to slay lakers jigging in open water.  Where'd you buy from?

I ordered mine through dicks online. I have their rewards card, so I figured since they have it in stock, I might as well get some credit to use towards some gear later.

Yeah, I used the ice bracket, and screwed it into the plastic console of the boat so it just overhang enough for the shaft to hang vertically. I also exchanged the top curved piece for a pool noodle, so that whenever we moved, instead of unscrewing that piece, I could just pull the pool noodle off, retrieve the ducer and shaft and move on.  The modular shaft as it comes with the ice kit, has a fair bit of flex with actually seems to help stabilize the ducer when the chop gets steep...and I've use mine in 2.5'+ chop with no problems.
I need to keep mine portable, as I often fish from someone else’s boat lol. But thank for your thoughts on the modular shaft, I thought the flex might cause it to break and was going to go with the suggested schedule 80  pvc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.