FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smelting in the East/West Grand Lake area?  (Read 1408 times)

Morin88

Smelting in the East/West Grand Lake area?
« on: Apr 12, 2006, 09:20 AM »
 Can anyone suggest any places in the east/west grand lake area where we can dip some smelts? my buddy and i are headed out there early next week and we wanted to try and get a few fresh smelts to eat after a day of fishing. can anyone suggest any areas? we were thinking maybe the brooks that run into either east or west musquash, or maybe one of the brooks that runs into west grand. feel free to PM me. thanks for the info.
" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

deerhunter

Re: Smelting in the East/West Grand Lake area?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2006, 09:29 AM »
don,t think you can smelt those areas. maybe upper lead. in orient on east grand.

Morin88

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2006, 09:37 AM »
 Unless im missing something in the regs. you can dip smelts on west grand, east musquash, and west musquash, but you cant on east grand. am i correct?
" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

GrandLaker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2006, 11:50 AM »
East Grand is closed to smelting, West Grand the smelt's run before the ice goes out, usually around mid march, Flood brook on east musquash is a good smelt run, right there on the side of rt.6, they should be running there any day now, and if that fail's stop by and I will sell you some, might even give you a batch to eat if I knew you where coming.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.