FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striper help  (Read 3646 times)

Amorica

• In search of the 10 pound Bass.......
Striper help
« on: Jun 01, 2004, 03:13 PM »
I am new to striper fishing and looking for help.  I am looking for spots to fish from shore (have no boat) preferably in the Saco, Kennebunk, Biddeford area.  I am also interested in bait and lure tips as well.  Any help is appreciated.  I have always gotten a solid repsonse both here and on iceshanty so a thank you in advance!
weeds, gotta love em.

bayonne

Re: Striper help
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2004, 03:27 PM »
im not familar with that area what type of warter ocean river bay salt fresh brackish i fish jersey shore and do very well on the surf clams bunker chunks sea worms live baits all work at times as do a number of lures buck tails are hard to beat fof bait use a fish finder rig and what ever weight is needed to hold look for curent breaks and you should hook up

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2004, 04:44 PM »
well you are in prime country between kennebunkport and biddeford pool all the wat to eagle island in saco bay is very rocky shore line and holds lots of big stripers.the bathhouse at biddeford pool is one of my personal favorites.the saco river has some good shore fishing spots and another one of my favorites is  the dam at cataract falls.the breakwater at camp ellis...or hills beach and fortunes rocks...
              for bait you can use just about anything alive that lives in the saco bay area,river herring ,alewives ,mackerel , eels and seaworms are among the best of the live baits, for dead bait you can use chunk mackerel,i have had moderate success with it.
              once the water warms up a little they will really respond to poppers when the water is calm...i love poppers   ;D  there are lots of excellent lures as well anything that resembles any of the above mentioned live baits will work well,as well as an awesome variety of plastics on the market now.storm makes some nice stuff...as well as rapala.either way dont forget the tubes too . good luck!!
Scotty 

Amorica

• In search of the 10 pound Bass.......
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2004, 05:23 PM »
thanks for the tips, I have yet to get out yet for saltwater though.  This week I will though!
weeds, gotta love em.

Dogman

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2004, 06:26 PM »
The stone jetty at Wells harbor entrance can be good also.Bait or plugs will work.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2004, 06:54 PM »
thanks for the tips, I have yet to get out yet for saltwater though.  This week I will though!
WELL????
Scotty 

stripergirl

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2004, 09:26 AM »
any reports around Cape Eliz. area?   Higgings beach?  coming up in Aug.  Thanks

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2004, 12:37 PM »
BIG FAT BLUEFISH AND SOME HUGE STRIPERS TOO! :-X
Scotty 

bluefinforme

« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Stripergirl..........big blues off higgins/kettle cove shore line.  I am a local charter captain and I've been slaying them off the Higgins "area".  Triple hook-ups have been VERY common on my trips.  Even the New Yorkers are catching blues on my boat ;D
check out kristinkcharters.com for a weekly fishing report.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.