FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off Season: Frabill 14 ice bib or Striker Climate??? Updated  (Read 3089 times)

9huskies

Re: Off Season: Update To Winter Wardrobe
« Reply #15 on: Sep 02, 2018, 03:51 PM »
It all floats. I intend NEVER to try that feature out. 

Try that feature in the summer. If you ever feel the ice giving out under you, you'll know what to expect from the suit.

CLAMFARMER

Re: Off Season: Update To Winter Wardrobe
« Reply #16 on: Sep 02, 2018, 04:33 PM »
It all floats. I intend NEVER to try that feature out.
Try that feature in the summer. If you ever feel the ice giving out under you, you'll know what to expect from the suit.

Nah. 3 months and 23 days to Christmas! Last time I went through the ice was on a beaver flowage trapping when I was about 10.

Maybe next Summer!

You ready for a whitefish trip?  ;D 8)
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

Re: Off Season: Frabill 14 ice bib or Striker Climate??? Updated
« Reply #17 on: Sep 02, 2018, 04:58 PM »

Watch this video- no need to try it!  ;)

9huskies

« Reply #18 on: Sep 02, 2018, 05:12 PM »
When the last of the huskies succumbs to old age I'll be free to travel for whitefish trips and more. The youngest is 12 years old so it shouldn't be too many years. Until then, overnight trips are not a good option.

mr.clean

« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Seamonkey84 other then the survival suits sold by Mustang/Stearns and other manufacturers I believe currently only the Frabill I-Floatation ice fishing suit is U.S. coast guard approved as a PFD.
ClamFarmer hopefully Arctic Armor has addressed and corrected this issue one problem with their jackets was breathability moisture would collect on the inside lining of the jacket. I have the Arctic Armor jacket/bibs in red/black color purchased in 2008 or 2009 and have experienced this problem.  This may no longer be an issue but keep a watch for this problem.
Steve

tundraboy

« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2018, 08:42 PM »
The Stryker is a great choice... Ive had my suit for 4 years and I fish as hard as anyone...  no complaints from me except they seem  to shrink in the closet a little bit in the off season...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.