FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Portland ME  (Read 1171 times)

ShaneR09

Portland ME
« on: Aug 30, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am visiting a friend in Portland this weekend, and I would like to get into some fishing. I'm finding a few things online through my own research, but I figured I could try here. I am mostly a freshwater fisherman, but I'm not opposed to trying for saltwater as well.

I prefer to be wading streams and rivers for either Smallmouth Bass or Trout. Lakes are usually tough since I won't have a boat, but I am open to hearing about any ponds/lakes that can be fished from shore. I would really love to get on some pike as well, as my friend has never caught one.

I would appreciate any help regarding literally any kind of fishing in the area (within an hour or 2 or Portland) and we will be taking a day trip to Acadia Natl park as well.

Thank you in advance!

deerhunter

Re: Portland ME
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2018, 10:00 AM »
the upper Androscoggin river is always a good spot to try

joefishmore

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2018, 12:05 PM »
Are streams closed ? Just using bait ?
I don't think this part of Maine has good stream fishing, water too warm. ?

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2018, 04:15 PM »
River and streams are currently artificial lures only, only one trout may be kept. Most places are too warm for trout, but there are good bass places around. The presumpscot is close to Portland and good for some smallmouth bass, but many many small ones.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.