FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513120 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2475 on: Jul 18, 2018, 08:39 PM »
I did go fishing this morning. Got to the launch at 5:30 to find a guy and his wife parked in the ramp. They took a good 30 minutes to screw around loading everything into their boat before they launched.

Got into the water, caught 3 nice crappies and hung up the jig I had on only to find that I'd left all my jigs and flies at home. Trolled a bit and hung up a lure. First I've lost in a few years. I decided the fish gods were against me, went home and made pickles, mowed the horseshoe courts and took a nap.

We had a super "happy hour" this evening with all the neighbors. Pitched some horse shoes ( my partner and I won), I made wings on the Weber, neighbors brought sweet corn, macaroni salad ....just great fun.

Nice to have a "neighborhood "

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2476 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:39 AM »
Sounds like a great time..
I guess once in a while it would be nice to have neighbors.... Or maybe not..... 8)
And nothing like home court advantage..... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2477 on: Jul 19, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Home court and a sneaky old man👍.

I have good neighbors.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2478 on: Jul 19, 2018, 04:48 PM »
 ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2479 on: Jul 23, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Pulled the garlic and picked some cucumbers and a zucchini yesterday ......

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2480 on: Jul 23, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Nice! We think alike.
Picked another batch of pickles yesterday

Got the garlic lol cleaned up

Picked one really nice zucchini and made chicken Parmesan with Zoodles. And home made sauce in parchment paper on the Weber.

Super delicious recipe.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2481 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Nice Bob...
I took two big sweet onions and 8 cloves of garlic with lots of butter wrapped good in foil and cooked on the grill with some steaks last night..  Lovin every minute of it.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2482 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:05 PM »
Sounds delish!

Think I'm gonna smoke some garlic next time I fire up the new toy.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2483 on: Jul 23, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Nice Bob...
I took two big sweet onions and 8 cloves of garlic with lots of butter wrapped good in foil and cooked on the grill with some steaks last night..  Lovin every minute of it.....
That sounds amazing......  :thumbup_smilie:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2484 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:09 AM »
It was....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2485 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:10 AM »
 It was....  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2486 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Everything loved the good rains the past couple days. He grass is even coming around. Of course...that means I'll have to mow later this week.

I've got another zucchini I can pick any time and several more starting. The yellow plum and jubilee tomatoes are starting to color up and there's more pickles to pick before I do some canning this weekend.

Love it when the harvest starts ramping up.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2487 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Rains have been going all around us.. >:(
Watered last night..

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2488 on: Jul 24, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Hey Raquettedacker,

That's how the whole summer has been for me. Finally some rain today and the last 2 days.

Here was last nights harvest.

All sorts of zucchini and squash, eggplant, various tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage, rhubarb. Also picked the banana peppers and canned them for some grinders and we had some home made jalapeno poppers with our dinner last night.

Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2489 on: Jul 24, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Nice harvest....
Ha on your thread i thought you were talking to me about a fishing get together.
  ::) ::)
But we might have a few in NY and all are welcome...... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.