FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is your favorite walleye tactic in the fall?  (Read 1595 times)

driftboat

What is your favorite walleye tactic in the fall?
« on: Oct 22, 2018, 01:00 PM »
I went out with a friend late last week fishing for walleye in a northern Indiana lake. We got one on a spinner/crawler harness, none on trolled stickbaits, and 3 with jigging rapala's. Only one was legal size to keep. Water was 58 degrees.  All this in a 6hr time frame. I am hoping to learn the walleye game a little better so I ask you all what you like to use when fishing for walleye? Is it water temp related? Do you like to wait until later in the year in hopes that they are putting on more of a feed bag? Anything else you like to watch for? 

Teacherpreacher

Re: What is your favorite walleye tactic in the fall?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2018, 09:32 AM »
I pretty much fish the same tactics the year round. I cast Hot-n-Tots and 3/8oz spinner baits, double and single. Normally put boat in 16'- 18' of water and cast toward shallow humps in middle of lake or edge of large flats that drop off into deeper water. Most fish come in early morning up until 9:00am or so and from dusk until 9:00- 10:00pm.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

fishcrazy

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:24 PM »
What’s your favorite hot n tot color for walleye Teach?  I’m ready do some walleye fishing in a few weeks or so. Orange and gold hot n toys were the ticket yesterday boated 5 steelhead and lost one king next to the boat

fishcrazy

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:24 PM »

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Back to the subject at hand. Jig and a minnow bounce across bottom/rocks slow lift and reel

RoeBoat

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2018, 08:35 PM »
if I was going to go try, it would be suspending stick baits at night, in the shallows.  long rip sequences(10-20ft) and longer pauses.  scent and sound a plus.
  Same here,  hard to beat a Smithwick, chrome with a black back and orange belly.   Seem to really feed shallow when water gets around 50.  Some shallow lakes are doing well now, Erie is just starting from shore.  Work the downwind rocks after dark.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.