FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mud Lock  (Read 4669 times)

nyoutdoors

Re: Mud Lock
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2006, 11:56 PM »
I should be meeting up with Andy Sunday morning.  If I'm not with him when he shows up, I'll close behind.

Al
Fishing, hunting, camping.....who says life has to be hard?

susquayuga fisher

« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2006, 01:32 AM »
Al, I hope your alarm clock battery isn't the same one you use for your auger!! :rotflol:

Raaven

« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2006, 05:39 AM »
I fished there yesterday afternoon and caught a few decent perch and a limit of gills. Moved to lock 25 and caught less perch but they were bigger.I'm using caty jigs and maggots, and doing almost as well as the guys using minnows, except Dave, He is just tuned right in on the slobs. Some people have all the luck... I mean skill???
" If you don't know what I mean, Won't you stand up and scream, Because there is things going on you don't know!" Ronnie Van Zant

bigbay crappie buster

• i wish i was there
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:27 PM »
i
quality is better than quantity

fishnfilet

• IF IT SWIMS..I'VE CAUGHT IT
« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2006, 12:34 PM »
It's skill raaven....just ask august!!! picked up a few perch and one crappie in the locks yesterday afternoon in the boat...plan on scoping it out tonight in the boat, marked alot of fish holding at 9-12 feet I think they are crappie, I'll find out...lower lock riverside...sinker on bottom, hook 6" up then 12"up fatheads, then sometimes just the heads. with moucies it's just little pups...I want 10-15 inchers...got a 14 1/2 wednesday had to of went pound and a half....anyway..going to the camp tonight fish for crappie in the boat,meet everyone 6 am sunday, see who the real fishermen are, hey andy!!!!!!
fish may come and fish may go....but the art of fishing is what I know.........dave

nyoutdoors

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2006, 03:43 PM »
The battery in the alarm clock is better Andy.  So what should I bring along for bait?  Just some fatheads, or would some meal/wax worms work good, too?

Al

Angler

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2006, 07:57 PM »
  Drove down this morning and caught a couple small strawberry bass.  Might drive down in the morning if it's not too crowded. whats the water temps at Dave?

angler

fishnfilet

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2006, 04:34 PM »
met some mff members at mud locks this morning action was slow, small perch and rockbass, 4 vehicle convoy headed to mays point where the action was a little better... bigger perch no crappie...went back to my camp and caught a 4 pd catfish, bowfin,perch, and a dozen bullhead.I guess we all should have just went to the camp!! andy... post those pictures yet?? see ya dave
fish may come and fish may go....but the art of fishing is what I know.........dave

Angler

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2006, 05:06 PM »

I almost made the drive out his morning... walked out the door and the river was like a sheet of glass... I live like 3 miles from Lake ontario and windless days like the last 2 mornings are HARD to pass up  ::)

angler

fishnfilet

« Reply #24 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:40 AM »
don't blame you one bit.. it's like that at my camp, 30 steps to my boat, water is flat, fish are jumping...........YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nyoutdoors

« Reply #25 on: Mar 27, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Dave, we should have gone to your camp!  lol

Here's a couple of pics I took.

It was good to meet you and your wife, as well as the other two guys.  I look forward to meeting up with you again.  Jake and I plan on making more trips to the locks this summer, so I'll throw a post up on here when it comes time.

Al

fishnfilet

« Reply #26 on: Mar 28, 2006, 05:09 AM »
your right!! caught a bunch of bullheads and catfish sunday, susquhanna fisher grabed one pole before it got pulled in!! bOWFIN !!! way to go andy!! camp action is hot and heavy now, we will hook up again...see ya

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.