FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: freezing fish with marinade?  (Read 93920 times)

beaver1080

freezing fish with marinade?
« on: Aug 07, 2013, 09:07 PM »
just wondering if anyone has ever put marinade in a freezer bag with their fillets? if so how did it taste after it thawed out and cooked?

gundogwanted

Re: freezing fish with marinade?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2013, 12:24 AM »
Marinate items in the refrigerator for the desired amount of time, then drain the marinade and freeze them. Overmarinating can ruin the texture of some meats.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

bailey63

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Also the acids in marinades will actually cook the fish, i think its best to marinade just before cooking.
Fishing WNY on "facebook"
22' Islander "H"EYE STRUNG
Fishing is more than what I do it's who I am!!

gundogwanted

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Correct on the acid part. The first time I made ceviche, you could actually see the lemon and lime juice turning the color of the fish. The acid from the limes and lemons change the structure of the proteins in the fish, essentially “cooking” the fish without using heat.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

WANNABFISHIN

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:21 AM »
i froze some steaks once in marinade.  when i took them out to cook them at the campsite it was a bagful of gravy with a very thin slice of meat in the middle.

beaver1080

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2013, 08:40 AM »
thanks for the replies............i thought i had heard of someone on here doing it before, but maybe i missed the part about draining the marinade before freezing. think i'll just stick to the usual game plan. going salmon fishing next weekend, hopefully catch some of course and then take 1 or 2 with us for our big racing vacation in oct.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 08:49 PM »
I have sprinkled some old bay seasoning on fillets before putting in freezer didnt think it was better or worse about the same as marinating just before cooking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.