FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing the Upper Hudson River  (Read 4498 times)

Hookset

Fishing the Upper Hudson River
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Here are a few photos from the beginning of the softwater season on the Upper Hudson River just outside of Saratoga Springs.  I believe these are three separate outings during the past few weeks:

Pike in the slop in late April:

Another that took the bait two casts later:

Here is my buddy with his first few bass of the year:

This is a big juicy walleye taken on a Wild Eye Shiner jerkbait in about 2 fow next to a down tree this past weekend, and my first of the year:

This is another buddy who took this pike on the last cast of the day this past weekend, 36 inches on the nose:

These are all on a film-based camera, so I'll post more as I fill roles of film.  Tight lines!

We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Fishing the Upper Hudson River
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:35 PM »
there ya go!  I guess the river has a few pike in it, uh? ;)

Hookset

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Yeah, I'd say.  This is just the few that were landed, the toothies claimed an awful lot of my gear this month so far.  I bet we have lost 10 or 12 due to snap-offs(no, not using a leader, and I predominantly fish plastic jerkbaits on 5/0 Owner hooks).

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 04:27 PM »
awww  ;D very nice pictures and some great fish too.  ;) WTG  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Bartman44

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Nice ones Hookset. C&R so I can get a shot at em too!  ;D

Getting my lock pass this weekend. See you out there.

Bart

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Nice fish hookset! At least when you lose a soft plastic it may only be worth about 70 cents rather than lose a 6 dollar rapala eh ;D

Deposit

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Nice looking fish...going to have to get out there myself soon ;D

got em

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 06:26 AM »
 ;) lost a rattle trap to a toothy critter at lock 1 last sat. but I caught a nice 20 inch ,3lb 11oz eye and a couple smallies...all from shore..tight lines.. ;)

Hookset

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 12:12 PM »

Bart

Hey Bart:

How much is the Lock Pass?  The guy at Lock 5 generally lets me use the Lock free of charge if I am just going up to fish for a while, but occasionally he'll ask to see my pass.  He knows I don't have one but I guess it's his due diligence.  Anyway, wondering where you can buy one.  Is it a yearly thing or is it a booklet of individual passes that you redeem each time in the Lock?  Are there any marinas to get gas on the way?  I haven't seen any around my neck of the woods.  The Schuylerville Yacht Club may have gas, but that's where I launch and wouldn't help me on an extended journey. Thanks in advance.

Bartman44

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 05:08 PM »

Bart

Hey Bart:

How much is the Lock Pass?  The guy at Lock 5 generally lets me use the Lock free of charge if I am just going up to fish for a while, but occasionally he'll ask to see my pass.  He knows I don't have one but I guess it's his due diligence.  Anyway, wondering where you can buy one.  Is it a yearly thing or is it a booklet of individual passes that you redeem each time in the Lock?  Are there any marinas to get gas on the way?  I haven't seen any around my neck of the woods.  The Schuylerville Yacht Club may have gas, but that's where I launch and wouldn't help me on an extended journey. Thanks in advance.

Fee Schedule
Boat Length                           Two-Day Pass       ten-day Pass         Seasonal Permit
Less than 16 feet                   $ 5.00                   $12.50                         $ 25.00
16 ft. - under 26                     10.00                     25.00                             50.00
26 ft. - 39 ft.                          15.00                      37.50                             75.00
Greater than 39 ft.                 20.00                     50.00                           100.00

You can get it at Champlain Lock one just north of GE Waterford.

Not many gas places in the area. Maybe Admiral's in Stillwater

Bart

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.