FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Annual salmon trip  (Read 5386 times)

Ravo_Himself

Annual salmon trip
« on: Oct 05, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Leaving in the AM with my dad for Pulaski. Gonna start in Oswego just to get a few fish in the cooler, then meet up with the rest of the crew to put a hurting on em till Sunday. Should be a great weekend
Every fisherman is a liar. Except for me of course!

-Ryan-

taxid

Re: Annual salmon trip
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2016, 10:54 PM »
Leaving in the AM with my dad for Pulaski. Gonna start in Oswego just to get a few fish in the cooler, then meet up with the rest of the crew to put a hurting on em till Sunday. Should be a great weekend

What are the water temps like over there? I couldn't imagine the water cool enough over here for a salmon to survive. It's like freaking summer over here and has been for a while.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Not sure on that. All I know is it's spawning season so they have to go

-Ryan-

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2016, 08:32 AM »
What are the water temps like over there? I couldn't imagine the water cool enough over here for a salmon to survive. It's like freaking summer over here and has been for a while.

the fish are in all the bigger tribs right now.  Oswego is around 60 degrees.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2016, 10:04 AM »
the fish are in all the bigger tribs right now.  Oswego is around 60 degrees.

Wow that's got to be cooler than here off of Lake Michigan, at least southern Lake Michigan, but I could be wrong.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Well. Depending on how you look at it, it was either one of the worst trips or one of the best. I knew they had cut back the flow in the salmon river but to see it in person was something else. The lack of water was really hurting the fish migration. All the fish were in deep pools and were basically fished out quickly. Not many fish up river at all. The only spot to reliably catch fish was the Oswego river. Good thing I actually like fishing there. Friday I got my limit within 3 hours. I also landed my first NY brown trout. Female 22"about 6lbs. Caught a few big kings. Saturday we didn't get to Oswego until late but still managed to get another brown before dark. This one a male 23" 6.5lbs. beautiful colors and nice kype. I never expected to get two browns so that was the highlight of the trip for sure. Had fun as always. Cant wait to go back.

-Ryan-

papasly

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2016, 09:22 PM »
great looking fish Ryan, can't wait till hard water

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:14 AM »
Good for you. Personally I'll take a brown over a king any day.

swamp hawgs

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:31 AM »
i love it up there! great fish man! im headed up friday fishing till sunday.
ill take brownies over kings any day. we catch  quite a few each time we head up there. my PB was a 14.2 male brownie that was caught 2 years ago. my 2nd biggest was a 11.3 we catch a hand full of smaller 5-10lbsers each trip.
going up twice this year, this weekend and next weekend. CANT WAIT!!!!

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:50 AM »
My dad has a 16lber mounted on the wall from up there. Wish we had fish like that around here. I agree with you though. While there's nothing that fights quite like a big king, I'd gladly take my limit of trout any day. It's nice when you get your fillets and they're actually orange instead of gray/pink

-Ryan-

swamp hawgs

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:53 AM »
My dad has a 16lber mounted on the wall from up there. Wish we had fish like that around here. I agree with you though. While there's nothing that fights quite like a big king, I'd gladly take my limit of trout any day. It's nice when you get your fillets and they're actually orange instead of gray/pink

wow a 16. thats insane! i truly think i hooked into a 20lbser last year! it was sooooo big!!

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2016, 02:49 PM »
Not much for size reference in the picture but

-Ryan-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.