FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 288204 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #150 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:06 AM »
just a  foam  bodied  mayfly ...  size  12   strip  of  white   foam  for  body   wrap   body  ribs   with tread   ....off  white  dubbing calf  tail  wing   mix  griz  and brown  hackle  ....

I  honestly  prefer  catskill  style  dries for  may  flies  but  it's  fun  playing  with  other  material  the  above   was  just a  throw  together  fly I  did   do  some   bigger  and  had  fun  with rock  bass  in the  river  with them
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #151 on: Mar 15, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Play with that Water Walker style a bit Trapper. I like the concept. I'm thinking of a couple patterns with deer hair for wings and tail to add to the flotation. I'm gonna try some dun patterns today.

Did up some shad darts for a friend this morning. Now I think I'm gonna tie some for crappies. We better get some fishable soft water soon, I'm gonna be up to my knees in flies :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #152 on: Mar 15, 2015, 09:41 AM »
couple  ideas  Rg   ty a  few  parachute  style  it  makes  a  leg   look in the  water  and  the  floatation is  great .....  if  you  feel like  getting  down  and  dirty     use deer  hair  tail  spun  elk (I like  elk)  body  with  a  hair  wing  and  a  mix  hackle  of   griz  and  brown ...it  will  float  like a  cork  and    it  makes a  buggy   disturbance  on  the  water  with a  slight  twitch  ........

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #153 on: Mar 15, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Trap...I bet that thing would work well for big 'seeds.  My experience is that they are not quite as aggressive as gills & a lot of times just bump my popper.  Something smaller and buggy looking like that they will suck right in.  I've had good luck with orange humpies when they're like that.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #154 on: Mar 15, 2015, 12:56 PM »
couple  ideas  Rg   ty a  few  parachute  style  it  makes  a  leg   look in the  water  and  the  floatation is  great .....  if  you  feel like  getting  down  and  dirty     use deer  hair  tail  spun  elk (I like  elk)  body  with  a  hair  wing  and  a  mix  hackle  of   griz  and  brown ...it  will  float  like a  cork  and    it  makes a  buggy   disturbance  on  the  water  with a  slight  twitch  ........

I might have some elk hair and a lot of other goodies I could send you Trapp...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #155 on: Mar 15, 2015, 01:15 PM »
why thank  you dack! 

I  think  we  should  have  a  mff  fly tying  clinic   and  get   a  bunch   fly  fishing!  ...

blue  gill  I  noticed  years  ago    the  one  thing that  got   goppled  up  if  they  hit the  water  were  yellow  jackets...my honest   to  goodness  best  blue gill   top  water  fly is  a   foam  yellow  ant  with black  sharpie  maker strips  and  a  white   calf  tail wing  ...yellow   and  blak  rubber legs ....  I  use  to  spend  considerable  time  tying  realistic  patterens  and  even   won a   rin  for my yellow  jacket  ...I  honestly  have  left  them  on  desk   and  tables  and  had people  swat  them ..... I  have  even  fished  with one  .... truth the  simple  foam  works  better   and  you can  tie  10  before  your  coffee gets  cold  ;D....

next  fly  is  a   hares  ear on  a  small  egg  hook   picked  lose  ....  I  think it's  kinda  between a  hares  ear  and a  scud  ....either  way  gills  love  it ....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #156 on: Mar 15, 2015, 04:05 PM »
I'm gonna send you a camera Trapper. I have a Kodak digital I don't use any  more. I need your address again.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #157 on: Mar 15, 2015, 04:26 PM »
I'm going to try your foam yellow jacket.  If you guys need any turkey tail or wing primary feathers let me know.  Got lots.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #158 on: Mar 15, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Can't remember who, and I apologize for that, but someone sent me a whole turkey skin several years ago. I'm pretty much set for life. I am looking for some Icelandic sheep fur in various colors or to dye. I'll be happy to trade flies ;D

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #159 on: Mar 15, 2015, 05:45 PM »
ok  ok  I  have  posted  these  before  but  when  it  comes  to  gill  in the  greased  line  these are  my  deadly  4

1  bee

2 phes. tail  bead  head

3  tent  cat.

4  a  foam  spider color  is  up  to  you

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #160 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I'm still sending you a camera.....or delivering it. You're a top notch fly tier. You ought or be able to post decent pics.

End of story!

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #161 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:08 PM »
i'm really  not  that  good ....my  secret is  the   blurring  pictures   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #162 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Well...I'm gonna find out!

Call me. Hell, it's my birthday tomorrow.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #163 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:24 PM »

Hell, it's my birthday tomorrow.

:clapping:

trapper2000

« Reply #164 on: Mar 15, 2015, 07:28 PM »
happy birthday ya  ole  fart  :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum