FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ... THIS YEARS TOURNEY ...  (Read 7124 times)

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
Re: ... THIS YEARS TOURNEY ...
« Reply #30 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Only takes a few minutes to catch a big one.  If you happen to be in the right place at the right time.  I couples years ago I had 5 hours to ice fish one morning cause I ended up having to work that afternoon.  I took a 16lb togue at around noon time and was at work by 2.  Yea just never know, that must be what keeps us fishing.

Thats the truth and I can vogue for it many times. My longest musky through the ice came on a day where I had to be at work at noon and I fished a place that was more than an hour away. You could go days without catching a thing and then on one cast can get the fish of a lifetime.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #31 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I'm shooting for Monday , May 1st , to get the tournament posted and the entry (sign up) sheet posted.
I still have a few last minute things so it may be a day or two late.  :angel:

Does this mean the tournament starts May 1 or is it just sign up? This is my first MFF tourney.

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #32 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:53 PM »
I'm shooting for Monday , May 1st , to get the tournament posted and the entry (sign up) sheet posted.
  :angel:

Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

MaineFisherMan05

• If it swims catch it....
« Reply #33 on: Apr 28, 2006, 01:55 PM »

Just testing posting pics and found a pic of the togue I didn't know I had on this computer.  Haven't had time to fish much this spring so I have to get by with old photos for now.
Go Deep and Reel em in...

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #34 on: Apr 28, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Only takes a few minutes to catch a big one.  If you happen to be in the right place at the right time.  I couples years ago I had 5 hours to ice fish one morning cause I ended up having to work that afternoon.  I took a 16lb togue at around noon time and was at work by 2.  Yea just never know, that must be what keeps us fishing.

Yes that is the truth. However in the past I have been able to fish alot more than 5 days as hit some really nice trophy lakes.
This year I will only make a couple trips to our cabin. Unfortunately for me (lucky for you ;)) it isn't the best lake around for fishing so I will not be fishing in the right spot at the right time. Last year I got to fish at least 26-30 days of tourney and ended up with a few certificates for my efforts. I'm just stating that I will not be fishing hard this year when compared to last.
I have also went to a trophy laker lake last winter and caught and released in 2 short days (light at 9am dark at 3pm) about 35  lakers ranging from 5lbs to 21lbs. The arm was sore and I thought I would have to rest some from the burn. It was almost fish after fish hook-ups. Unfortunately I will not be going there either.
I do have 2 days where I will be going into trophy laker lake with 40-50lb common. I hear there is a small trail into it just wide enough for an ATV. The lake is popular with local outfitters that like to take American hunters by plane for the day after their black bear tags are filled in spring.  I tried last winter by snowmachine and got close but not close enough. So those will be the days I will target heavy if I can find the lake. However don't expect results from me similar to last year :'( :'( :'( . I will try to repeat in the laker category though.

BTW nice fish and good job posting ;)

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #35 on: Apr 28, 2006, 05:02 PM »
You mean, TGF, that someone else will actually have a chance at catching the biggest laker?  Holy cow, now's our chance!!  Say,........ you wouldn't consider building another house during next year's tournament too, would you?  :laugh:

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I still have a few last minute things so it may be a day or two late.  :angel:
Very cool, can't wait, we'll all be waiting.  ;)  8)  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2006, 09:11 PM »
You mean, TGF, that someone else will actually have a chance at catching the biggest laker?  Holy cow, now's our chance!!  Say,........ you wouldn't consider building another house during next year's tournament too, would you?  :laugh:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Big Burk

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 11:28 PM »
where is the sign up sheet? ??? it was gonna be may 1 but its almost may 2 already and i havent seen anything. if you guys were too busy with work or w.e. i understand  8)

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2006, 08:48 PM »

OK I'm all caught up and the tourney and sign up area should be posted tomorrow morning;D

Those who are brave are free ..       

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 09:01 PM »
OK I'm all caught up and the tourney and sign up area should be posted tomorrow morning;D

:clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Fishingking

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Sweet glas you has some time for the tourney :) keep it up  and go get those shad lol :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Big Burk

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 10:55 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
i got good feelings about this year ;D its my first year so that might be it :-[ ;)
what time do we got to sign up and could you pm on how to get the cards or post a reply im getting some new gear tomorrow and this will only make it better. srry about all the hassle its my first year on an on-line tournement and im sorta confused but will help new people out next year to repay my debt ;)

MaineFisherMan05

• If it swims catch it....
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2006, 10:49 AM »
Did I miss the sign up sheet?  Been kinda busy this week haven't had time to get on the forum much.  If its not posted yet then no problem just don't want to miss it.  Hopefully my house will be finished this weekend so I can finally get the boat out and start puttin in some hours on the water.  Hmmm.....where to go first.  I know a couple lakes around with some trophy lakers in it.  If I can figure out how to catch them I'll be all set.
Go Deep and Reel em in...

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Those who are brave are free ..       

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.