FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Line Dancer" product reviews???  (Read 6228 times)

fishingood

"Line Dancer" product reviews???
« on: Mar 21, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Hey guys so I was browsing some Youtube fishing vids the other day, and I came across a video advertising a product known as the "Line Dancer." Basically, it appears to be a half-guide, which you slide onto the bottom of your pole, and put your line through. It is supposed to increase the tension of your line, and in the process, increase the action of your lure..

http://www.mylinedancer.com/

I would be up for trying something like this, but I was just curious if anybody has tried and had luck with this product or similar ones.

slipperybob

Re: "Line Dancer" product reviews???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Not me, but I sometimes pinch my line and retrieve my lure back to line lay on the spool snug.  It makes the lure pulse because of the effect of the spinning reel has over the difference of line retrieval rate.  However the pulsing effect from the reel is not reliable to work a lure.  You also might want to get a slower glass rod to take advantage of the mechanical rod tip twitch to smooth out the lure motion.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Nor Easter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Some of my rods have a hook keeper near the reel and the line sometimes gets caught on it and does exactly what the video shows. I think they are on Ugly's or Rhino's maybe even some Cabela's.

Easy enough to make one with a coat hanger or an old guide from a destroyed pole if you want to see if it works. I haven't cast and retrieved type fishing in many many years. Always got annoyed when the line would hang up on the little hook holder loop. Now it's a featrure? Go figure...

tbirdbassr

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 04:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiqNmjCMgno&feature=player_embedded

I seen that today and every once in a while I'll try it with my index finger but I can honestly say that I have never had it work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.