FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: X Rap  (Read 6575 times)

LoneStar

Re: X Rap
« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Took 2 of the g-kids out today with 2 new x-raps, gold and hot steel, they managed to get hung up and lose them before I even got rigged up........ sure made a good test of my patience and temper lemme tell ya!  Sure can't blame them, it has to be the instructor!
Don't matter how good you are, you won't get'em all!  Don't matter how bad you are, you'll still get some!

devil-man

« Reply #31 on: Jun 26, 2005, 04:06 AM »
I am going to put them to the test today. All day if necessary.
My friend Scott and I are heading out in about an hour. I know where the fish are.
Will report later...

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #32 on: Jun 26, 2005, 04:38 AM »
Good luck with the xrap today devil-man, hope to hear and see some nice bass or pike off the rap.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Chucker

« Reply #33 on: Jun 26, 2005, 05:35 AM »
I picked mine up back in March or so, but it'll get its first real test this week.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Hope to pick some up soon. Didnt get to a dick's lately. What are some good colors for bass?? thanks

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #35 on: Jun 26, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Went out yesterday to try to catch some walleyes on them. I was fishing during the day with a gitzit tube and on my 3rd cast when it was hailing I caught a 17" walleye. After the storm stopped I caught an 18" walleye on a little cleo and a 12" walleye on a rattletrap so I knew the fish were biting. I wanted to make an opinion of the x-rap for good. I used it for 2 hours (including after dark) with nothing to show for it. I finally snagged it up on the rocks and lost it. Good riddance to that lure I'm not buying another. I wish they would make the risto rap and rattlin' fat rap again!

FingerLakesBen

« Reply #36 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:25 PM »
Hope to pick some up soon. Didnt get to a dick's lately. What are some good colors for bass?? thanks

gill

We knocked the smallies silly today with X-Raps.  best colors were hot steel and olive green.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #37 on: Jun 26, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Thanks a lot i will pick them colors up

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #38 on: Jun 26, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Possibly one of the hottest introductions by Rapala in their history.....they are all great....but the X is hot.......can't see why anyone would not catch fish with this one.....Grump

devil-man

« Reply #39 on: Jun 27, 2005, 04:57 AM »
I am going to put them to the test today.

Well, no fish on the X yesterday. I do like it, but it hasn't come through for me yet.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #40 on: Jun 27, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I am going to put them to the test today.

Well, no fish on the X yesterday. I do like it, but it hasn't come through for me yet.
Too bad...sounds like what  happened to me using it for 3 full days almost now not catching anything on it when other presentations worked. Hopefully it comes through for you though!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #41 on: Jun 30, 2005, 07:56 AM »
It's the first lure I put on for the bass opener last weekend, and the first lure I lost. Lucky for me I was given one for  as a gift not two days after losing mine....So i'm ready to give her another go

devil-man

« Reply #42 on: Jun 30, 2005, 08:14 AM »
I fished the X again yesterday for about an hour. Nothing.
Put on a DT-10 and hooked into a 31" pike almost immediately.
Same color pattern (perch).
I don't get it. This bait has great action and the fish haven't seen it before, maybe I didn't get it deep enough.

???

Deposit

« Reply #43 on: Jul 01, 2005, 04:24 AM »
I have been noticing that it works only on certian bodies of water better than others. Seems to really depened on what thier forage.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #44 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:40 PM »
I don't like the DT either, what a poor replacement for the risto rap and fat rap IMO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.