FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: "Mini" outboards  (Read 1821 times)

Poppy

"Mini" outboards
« on: May 31, 2005, 02:53 PM »
I've got a great little boat made by Walker Bay, that has a maximum limitation of outboard motor size of 2 h.p.  Can anyone offer any suggestions of what makes are available in this size.  I haven't been able to find any in my area of upstate New York.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
Re: "Mini" outboards
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 03:15 PM »
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

devil-man

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Get an electric trolling motor!

Mikepike

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 08:39 PM »
If you have a 5hp or 10 hp kickin around, put it on! just throw a few cinder blocks in the front and dont accelerate or slow down to suddenly, and you will be alright. dont hesitate to put a 20 horse on either ;) ;)

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 10:16 PM »
I have a little Tanaka outboard that's a 1.75 HP...it's light and I'm sure that it would be plenty of power for your little boat. It's the same engine (only smaller) that Nils Master uses in their power augers.

-Zach

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2005, 08:39 AM »
I have a little Tanaka outboard that's a 1.75 HP...it's light and I'm sure that it would be plenty of power for your little boat. It's the same engine (only smaller) that Nils Master uses in their power augers.

-Zach

...and I thought I was under powered with the little 4hp kicker I have.  ;D

If you get a decent trolling motor it'll probably get you going about just as fast and cost less. Only drawback would be the weight of the batteries.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2005, 09:46 AM »
I have never actually used the Tanaka...I have a 34 lb. Motorguide trolling motor that I use. And yeah, the battery weight sucks!

-Zach

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2005, 01:59 PM »
I have a local dealer selling 2 hp Honda's right out of the box for 800 bills...  Watched a small outfitter run 6 12' hard bottom/inflatable boats with these little motors, they putted right along!  Seems like a good investment for a little boat?  Honda motors are reliable and pretty quiet. 

Hood

« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2005, 07:44 PM »
If you have a 5hp or 10 hp kickin around, put it on! just throw a few cinder blocks in the front and dont accelerate or slow down to suddenly, and you will be alright. dont hesitate to put a 20 horse on either ;) ;)

I got a 13 footer with a 25 on it and it runs a little safer with a couple 70 lb bags of tube sand in the bow, rides great with just another person too, almost 30 mph...still need to trim it up a hair to find the top end   :flex:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.