FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gov. Mills Order OK’s Fishing  (Read 3401 times)

CF

Gov. Mills Order OK’s Fishing
« on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Fishing is explicitly allowed.

Under B. Essential Activities # 5

"Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running, or biking, but, only in compliance with the social gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.”

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/gov-mills-issues-statewide-stay-home-order/97-64c2ece0-4e95-4cf0-899c-a88a8356f135?fbclid=IwAR25_kHHYjfRg1cDipI59LrOZKDNwxWsYINUbz0TfLlQGrnPhoTHq6yqAjg
Formerly CLAMFARMER

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Gov. Mills Order OK’s Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:44 PM »
Thanks, Joe.  I was real gad to see this.  I won't need to plunge into a life of crime for now.

stguy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:18 PM »
I've always said fishing is an essential part of life....considered therapy the way I see it.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2020, 12:01 AM »
That’s a relief, the local shutdown in Portland doesn’t mention fishing except for under agriculture, so I’m assuming commercial fishing.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2020, 05:08 AM »
Phew! If all I could do was go to work and come home  I would go crazy! Being a outdoorsman is my therapy.

franklin fisher

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2020, 07:28 AM »
  Good to see. That is all I have to look forward to right now. Besides, catching and eating fish is a great way to fight off illness.

MarkNFish

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Yup.  She confirmed what all of us already knew :D

CF

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:03 AM »
Yup.  She confirmed what all of us already knew :D
She DID put it in writing and make it explicitly clear. Many that just run off half cocked or 3/4 mentally crocked started to freak out and start blaming. Yeah, I actually fish for food!
Formerly CLAMFARMER

seamonkey84

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:54 AM »
I think there will be an increase of people keeping fish in times to come.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:34 PM »

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:16 AM »
https://www.pressherald.com/2020/04/02/maine-ifw-defines-recreation-under-stay-at-home-order/
Hooray! So won’t get pulled over for having a boat either.

Thankfully down here in CT where the situation is a bit worse, they haven't stopped me yet.  If I dont put fly rods in the roof rack I do get followed occasionally...

seamonkey84

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:17 PM »

PK186

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:35 PM »
She DID put it in writing and make it explicitly clear. Many that just run off half cocked or 3/4 mentally crocked started to freak out and start blaming. Yeah, I actually fish for food!

You are a good sheep comrade.

CF

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2020, 09:57 AM »
You are a good sheep comrade.
HAHAHA, Rusty! I know you would have had more fun if Janet didn’t put it in writing. BTW, Governor Mills  is an avid fisherman!  :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flex:
Formerly CLAMFARMER

PK186

« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2020, 04:57 AM »
HAHAHA, Rusty! I know you would have had more fun if Janet didn’t put it in writing. BTW, Governor Mills  is an avid fisherman!  :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flex:

Joe, May your cup always be half full instead of half empty. I am off to plunder the local trout streams and ponds then I will stalk the turkey barrens for my family's next meal.  :flag: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.