FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: North Idaho  (Read 26653 times)

BlueDuck

North Idaho
« on: Jun 20, 2012, 08:45 AM »
The crappie are starting to hit.  Anyone else doing any good?

elkhuntinfool

Re: North Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2012, 01:19 PM »
I have hit priest a couple times with a buddy water is still kinda cold. I have also hit the CDA river to do a little fly fishing and that is starting to get good

BlueDuck

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2012, 06:55 AM »
Caught a bucket full of Crappie on Twin yesterday, so they are still biting.  Anyone else doing any good?

baetis_elk

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2013, 10:52 PM »
I fished the back end of Mokins bay/slough on Hayden Lake for pike Sunday afternoon out of my canoe and got a big goose egg.  I was throwing a 5" curl tail grub on a jig head, just prospecting and enjoying a sunny day.  On Monday afternoon I fished a little cove on Fernan Lake and managed to catch a couple of bluegills, one perch (still full of eggs) and one large mouth bass (about 10").  All were caught on a red/white crappie tube tipped with a small pinch of worm about 2' below a small float.  I was just out fishing during my lunch break so I let them all swim.

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »
welcome to MFF baetis_elk, gotta luv the nice warm spring days  :thumbup_smilie:

BlueDuck

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Caught a few crappie on Upper Twin yesterday...   No one else fishing?   This has been a pretty sad forum this spring.

BlueDuck

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I could fire a shot and no one would hear it ...

307_BOWS

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2013, 06:14 PM »
Hey BlueDuck!
I am fairly new to the area, and have some friends with a place up on black lake. They invited us up this weekend, and I was wondering if i should bring my gear up with me. Also, I see that half of the lake falls on tribal land, will I need to get a tribal permit as well as my ID permit? What is a good species to target up there? I saw that there are pike in there, I would love to target them, so my question to you is what are the pike numbers like or are they even a realistic target?
Thanks for the help, and tight lines!!!!!
307_BOWS

BlueDuck

« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2013, 05:24 PM »
I have never fished Black Lake but hear its good for crappie, perch and pike.  Im sure its worth a shot.. 

RayneBidziil22

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:10 AM »
hey everyone just wondering if anyone fishes below the dam over in postfalls

Uncle heffy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2015, 07:38 AM »
Kind of off topic, but how was the blueback fishing on Spirit this year? I miss catching a bucket full for the smoker.

thechubbycubby

« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2016, 09:51 AM »
How big are the crappie

CMS

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2018, 10:14 PM »
Is anyone from north Idaho still on this board?

rshveyda

« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2018, 02:04 AM »
Is anyone from north Idaho still on this board?

I was wondering the same thing.  I fish Lake Pend Oreille and the surrounding smaller lakes.  I would love to find an active forums discussing such.

Thanks!

CMS

« Reply #14 on: Apr 14, 2018, 09:10 PM »
I have fishe Pend Oreille quite a bit for Kams and lake trout.  I have had some luck but always end up down at the south end for kokanee.  I have been ice fishing on most of the smaller lakes, but I’m looking forward to try for walleye this spring before f and g waged war on them. It would be nice if this page would be as active as the north idaho page on the ice shanty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.