FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 627607 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #3870 on: Aug 30, 2020, 05:17 PM »
Works out to keep stuff somewhat organized. I also have 2 file cabinets that I picked up at the recycler for a couple bucks a piece. They’re all pretty full of stuff for fly tying. Drawers full of feathers, capes and such and fur, tails and skins. Everything from wood ducks to coyotes. It’s astonishing what you collect for this habit.

The lazy Susan’s are great.Think I  got them both at Goodwill ( maybe it was Walmart) And made some modifications. They put a lot of stuff at your fingertips without taking up a lot of space. I have one at my lathe too, albeit much larger.

Have fun setting up. Post some pictures of the finish.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3871 on: Aug 30, 2020, 08:33 PM »
i will RG,i have a million zip lock backs  filled with stuff   doing a bit of a inventor as i go ,doing a wish list and  planning what i want ,i like things handy and i like a place for everything , this makesa big differance  when fly tying looking for a bobkin or a pair of hackle pliers is no fun at all.....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3872 on: Aug 31, 2020, 11:24 AM »
i will RG,i have a million zip lock backs  filled with stuff   doing a bit of a inventor as i go ,doing a wish list and  planning what i want ,i like things handy and i like a place for everything , this makesa big differance  when fly tying looking for a bobkin or a pair of hackle pliers is no fun at all.....
Ha! That’s what’s in my file cabinets.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3873 on: Aug 31, 2020, 04:10 PM »
i'd like something like in acoat room you could  put a back on a number  and just punch the number and it spin to your desired bag  ;D

ihave way to much  ......stuff untill i need something  then i never have enough.....it's a bad addiction.... got a trapping license  just to get a red fox a grey  few rats   possum and  coon  ....rabbits  ...20 ga annd a jumpona brush pile  .....i still have alot of that coyote you send me .....

need to shoot a  turkey or 2 and  deer hair alwas has a place  ;D......... did i mention the neighbors cat has a strange disease that causes   random bald spots  on it's back ..... :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3874 on: Aug 31, 2020, 05:05 PM »
You been reading Pat McManus again?

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #3875 on: Aug 31, 2020, 07:27 PM »
i got a lazy susan  from wall mart and some wood and dowls  this is getting fun now  ;D....... forgot to mention some peanut butter and a rat trap equals  limitless squirrel tails  ::)

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3876 on: Sep 07, 2020, 10:22 AM »
I like that set up rg. I have a mess on my bench but little guy is gonna organize for me good kid.now that i finally had my back surgery friday i have alot a time to tie i didnt think i would be comfortable tying but my chair is really nice gonna see what new flies n jigs i can come up with

icefisher47

« Reply #3877 on: Sep 07, 2020, 12:32 PM »
I like that set up rg. I have a mess on my bench but little guy is gonna organize for me good kid.now that i finally had my back surgery friday i have alot a time to tie i didnt think i would be comfortable tying but my chair is really nice gonna see what new flies n jigs i can come up with

Prayers you have a quick recovery from your back surgery. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3878 on: Sep 07, 2020, 02:50 PM »
DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO BG GUY! They’ll get you straightened out. Little guy will take care of the bench. He’s a good fly tier.

Had some down time with the wind and rain around today so I worked up this Fly/Jig pattern.

I bent the eye up figuring it would swim a bit more. The head is UV resin so there’s no real weight. Love those holographic eyes....ran out of them.

Field testing tomorrow!

Rg

icefisher47

« Reply #3879 on: Sep 07, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Good luck tomorrow, Those holographic eyes look good.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3880 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:08 AM »
They worked pretty well this morning. Fished from shore. Decided the boat parade would probably still be going on. Boy was I right. By 8:00 it was a nonstop stream of cruisers and packet boats going by. Some putting out 3’ wakes. They have little or no concern for fishermen.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #3881 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:15 AM »
very nice RG

big_guy_13021

« Reply #3882 on: Sep 08, 2020, 12:35 PM »

This im thinking will catch something.i tied it on a size 10 barbless jighook with bead eyes

trapper2000

« Reply #3883 on: Sep 08, 2020, 01:17 PM »
nope that won't catch nothin' ,toss it in my bag and i'll get rid of it for you

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3884 on: Sep 08, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Yeah.....make a dozen or so more and I’ll dispose of them for you. Always willing to help out a fellow fly/jig tier. You could use up some yellow and red stuff lying around. I’ll take care of those too.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.