FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: walleye run 2017  (Read 5747 times)

crappieslayer38

walleye run 2017
« on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Looking at the temps for the next 10 days I'm thinking the walleye are going to start making their way up river sometime this weekend, if not early to mid week I expect to hear of the first one caught. I'm thinking of giving it a try on Sunday actually. Well tight lines a nd safe outings for all this spring on the river and good luck!!!! 8) :o ::) ;D

taxid

Re: walleye run 2017
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2017, 05:16 PM »
Looking at the temps for the next 10 days I'm thinking the walleye are going to start making their way up river sometime this weekend, if not early to mid week I expect to hear of the first one caught. I'm thinking of giving it a try on Sunday actually. Well tight lines a nd safe outings for all this spring on the river and good luck!!!! 8) :o ::) ;D

Will they run early even if the photoperiod isn't right?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

crappieslayer38

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2017, 07:50 PM »
They will presumably begin their run. I'm sure to complete the spawn the daylight hours have to be right, but the temps should get them moving into the river anytime now IMO. Photo period has more to do with egg fertilization than the initial push up river.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:49 PM »
They will presumably begin their run. I'm sure to complete the spawn the daylight hours have to be right, but the temps should get them moving into the river anytime now IMO. Photo period has more to do with egg fertilization than the initial push up river.

Makes sense to me.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

teamtwosticks

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2017, 10:10 AM »
Maumee Tackle is posting reports of fish being caught over the weekend. And the water temp was in the 40's.

crappieslayer38

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Took a half day vacation for tomorrow. I'll be in the river by 12:15 and won't stop casting until 6:00ish or a limit ;D. To be honest I won't be too tough on my self if I can at least come home with one or two for 5 hours of work.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:30 PM »
I'm trying a spot on a local river this weekend..     ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

stickhick86

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:15 PM »
I was out on the Kinzua res this morning in north west PA. The bite was slow and couldn't land any.

crappieslayer38

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07:54 PM »
Just got back from the river. Tough day for sure. Windy but I managed my first eye of the season, a 21 incher. I'll take that size and smaller all year and if be happy. Don't care that much for the bigger fish.

fishinjohn

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:05 AM »
I was out on the Kinzua res this morning in north west PA. The bite was slow and couldn't land any.
I was out the 20th, 22nd,23rd and this past monday... I got limits all but one day.. and both of those days with no limits I caught bigger fish.. (only missed limit by one both days)
For the last couple days of season the river was junk so that helped a little.... now that season is closed I don't know what to do! Lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.