FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Digital cameras  (Read 5380 times)

Wisc.whitetailer

Re: Digital cameras
« Reply #30 on: Apr 07, 2007, 07:00 PM »
  We've got about a half dozen around the house. I think the one I like best is a 5.0 from Walmart. I can do pics or video It also came with a rechargable battery pack instead of having to buy batteries for it. that I really like. I even got my resizer and photo shop programs with it. I'm thinking it cost around $150 then I spent another hundred on memory discs.
Go pack!!!!!

Penguin

« Reply #31 on: Apr 08, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I have a Canon S3IS. Great camera, awesome pics, but a little bulky to keep handy for the quick snapshots I generally take when fishing. I'm looking at some pocket-sized jobs for those occasions.

My only real complaint about my camera is one that applies to digitals in general, I can't see squat through either the viewfinder or LCD screen in bright sunlight. Point-and-shoot has turned into point-guess-and-shoot. I wear prescription polarized sunglasses, which probably has a little to do with it, but the photo-gray lenses on my other specs aren't much better. I'm getting new untinted glasses for my serious outdoor photography, but don't want to have to switch glasses when fishing. Does anyone use a small camera with a screen bright enough to actually let you see the subject quickly?
Fishing - it's more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle!

bluefinforme

« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2007, 11:26 AM »
LOL  :rotflol:  "WHAT!"  ;D

Mike
you don't smell it????

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Apr 16, 2007, 07:36 PM »
I do. And, I wish he would come back and do some more cookin. :flex:

Mike

jjmoser

• Stand in line for your golden salmon
« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 2007, 07:43 AM »
I have the Olympus stylus 720 SW.  It is the only completely waterproof one on the market.  I have not tested it the water so i am unsure if actually lives up to its 33 ft waterproof grantee but I have insurance on it that covers such circumstances.  I am clumsy as all heck so the waterproofing was the key in my purchase I just hope they make a waterproof cell phone soon and I will be all set. 

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #35 on: Apr 18, 2007, 08:20 PM »
I have the Olympus stylus 720 SW.  It is the only completely waterproof one on the market.  I have not tested it the water so i am unsure if actually lives up to its 33 ft waterproof grantee but I have insurance on it that covers such circumstances.  I am clumsy as all heck so the waterproofing was the key in my purchase I just hope they make a waterproof cell phone soon and I will be all set. 

Also just purchased an Olympus Stylus - just the 770SW version - have tested out waterproof abilities extensively and everythings still workin (was advised to by salesperson so as to check for manufacturing defects)

Here's a thread where I've attached some pics...
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=15265.0

joejv4

« Reply #36 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Used to have a Kodak DX3600, but it was too big to carry everywhere, so this year I picked up a Pentax Optio M-10.

It's smaller than a cigarette pack, so it's easy to have handy all the time.  6.0 MPixels and 3X zoom - Takes great pics.

Hope to post pics taken with it soon - now that spring is finally thinking about puttin in an appearance here in upstate NY.

Meantime, here's a shot of me with the 8lb Northern that Mrs. Joe caught on Silver Lake last summer - taken with the Kodak

and a couple nice perch we got last summer - also taken with the Kodak

Gone fishin'

jjmoser

• Stand in line for your golden salmon
« Reply #37 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Also just purchased an Olympus Stylus - just the 770SW version - have tested out waterproof abilities extensively and everythings still workin (was advised to by salesperson so as to check for manufacturing defects)

Here's a thread where I've attached some pics...
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=15265.0
maybe mine is the 770 too I am dislexic from time to time but I will definatly test it soon just need some time off a work and I'm gold.  I did manage to catch a 4lb large mouth the other day after I was off, it was dark and I did not have my camera with me.  Cell phone flashes do not work.  O well gotta catch another. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.