FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wrights landing  (Read 15625 times)

filetandrelease

Re: wrights landing
« Reply #45 on: Jun 04, 2019, 06:26 AM »

Yes sir it’s still rising  Lake Erie is at an all time high and Canada is at flood stage , nothing that can be done other than ride it out

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #46 on: Jun 04, 2019, 06:40 AM »
no more rock bass fishing in the parking lots Freddie  :rotflol:

going to ride the lake shore abit see what it looks like rice creek has to be really bad
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

jperch

« Reply #47 on: Jun 04, 2019, 07:09 AM »
I stopped by yesterday afternoon and looked down from the McCrobie Building at the marina.  There were ducks and geese paddling around in the road and parking lot, people tossing bread to them.  I was surprised that there was still a number of boats docked.

trapper2000

« Reply #48 on: Jun 04, 2019, 07:44 AM »
lot of boats are staying  from what the people told me the charter boats aren't going anywhere

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #50 on: Jun 04, 2019, 02:55 PM »
Yikes!
So much for blaming "Plan 2014".

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

reeleyz

« Reply #51 on: Jun 04, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Yikes!
So much for blaming "Plan 2014".

Rg

Where would the Lake Ontario water level be if the lake was dropped 18” over the fall and winter?

Just sayin’

trapper2000

« Reply #52 on: Jun 04, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Where would the Lake Ontario water level be if the lake was dropped 18” over the fall and winter?

Just sayin’

EXACTLY!

Badbrad2186

« Reply #53 on: Jun 04, 2019, 06:34 PM »

Just sayin’

By my math it would only be 14 inches above normal which means flooding would be at a minimum right now

Mac Attack

« Reply #54 on: Jun 04, 2019, 07:02 PM »
[url][https://www.wwnytv.com/2019/06/03/lake-ontario-water-levels-hit-new-record-high/?fbclid=IwAR16dIWdwv5QK5q-RmHgCgJ_OKJ0qdJ5WnkrtB_iFyar3QLIMwAUX0mBIqc/url]

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #56 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:03 AM »

Just sayin’

Well, all the reports I've read say it wasn't possible without putting Montreal under water and killing shipping on the seaway.

"Just saying"

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:16 AM »

reeleyz

« Reply #58 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:27 AM »
Well, all the reports I've read say it wasn't possible without putting Montreal under water and killing shipping on the seaway.

"Just saying"

Rg

I don’t know the details. I just know that in the winter there is a lot less water flowing in so the lake level could possibly drop without increasing the water flow coming out. So it might not negatively effect anyone downstream.

joefish1

« Reply #59 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:45 AM »
I don’t know the details. I just know that in the winter there is a lot less water flowing in so the lake level could possibly drop without increasing the water flow coming out. So it might not negatively effect anyone downstream.
  I live here on the River and can tell you there were places we couldn't ice fish because of the water flow all winter.  Moving water doesn't freeze.  Like I said before Number one rule  " Mother Nature always wins "

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.