FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518041 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1470 on: Jul 25, 2017, 02:54 AM »
Do you buy them poisoned or do you have your own concoction. First time dealing with these buggers. Put peanut butter on the traps tonight. Got 3 without it. There's one that likes to bury the trap ill get him. Side note zucchini and peas are going crazy. Id post pics about my stuff if I knew how

I'm referring to the Sweeny's product I mentioned in my post. That's what they call the pellets. "poison peanuts".

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1471 on: Jul 25, 2017, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for the help fellas. Ill give the peanuts a shot. If I catch another one ill post a picture

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1472 on: Jul 25, 2017, 03:06 PM »
Well I have nothing better to do for a week or so...... But I'm boared as heck.................

Pulled garlic Sunday.....

Froze some peppers today...... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1473 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Good stuff to keep you occupied Dom.

I pulled 50 or so heads the other day.

They're drying under my umbrella ;D

Can't wait to replant the garlic bed with spinach, lettuce and chard for a fall crop.

I have plans for a cold frame to extend the leafy green season well into winter.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1474 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Jade trees look great... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1475 on: Jul 25, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Sons of "Walter".

Walter was a jade I got from an elderly gentleman whose house I was remodeling around 1975. His name was Walter and he had a small greenhouse he wanted taken down. The plant had been growing in the greenhouse for 40+ years at the time and was so pressed against the glass that it was slanted at about a 30 degree angle.

The original plant succumbed to some desease that eventually rotted the main trunk. I salvaged the two branches in the picture which can give you an idea of how big "Walter" was. He was in a 30" x 24" clay pot, stood 4' tall and weighed like a small piano. Progeny from that plant are scattered all over the USA as I gifted it's offspring to more people than I can count.

I'm very happy to still have two of its children in my care.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1476 on: Jul 25, 2017, 06:14 PM »
Very cool...............

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1477 on: Jul 26, 2017, 03:53 AM »

Lookin great Dom! and that Jade plant and story is awesome.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1478 on: Jul 26, 2017, 07:16 AM »
Another nice harvest of beans and pickles this morning. And a stray pearl onion.

There's enough to can some beans and MORE PICKLES👍

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1479 on: Jul 26, 2017, 07:33 AM »
My morning glory towers are really coming along.

How much fun can one have😀

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1480 on: Jul 27, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Pickles, round 2.

Tweaked the recipe as always. Fresh dill weed, pearl onions and garlic from the garden In this batch. A little difference keeps boring pickles at bay ;D.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1481 on: Jul 30, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Put in a bed for my strawberries today.

Critter deterrent in process. I'll make it pretty tomorrow.  ;D

Hopefully the plants will have enough time to get firmly rooted for next season. I'll mulch the heck out of them to try to protect them from the deep freeze. I think I have a better than average chance of holding them over till next season.

Pulled the beans today. They were done for the year. Made room for the squash and a fall crop of spinach. Harvested a good batch  of beans, cukes and pickles.

I actually bought a notebook to make notes on what and where I planted from year to year. I guess it's the right thing to do if I want to rotate plantings from section to section. Anyway, at my age, my memory stinks. So.....if I can remember to make notes.....I'll be good :-\
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1482 on: Jul 31, 2017, 07:10 AM »
That should work... 8)
Everything sure looks nice.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1483 on: Jul 31, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Finished off both beds today. Got a bale of processed wheat straw from Tractor Supply. Thought a good layer of straw mulch would help keep moisture in.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1484 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Nice work, but aren't cage-free veggies happier and healthier for you to eat? :unsure:  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.