FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518160 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1875 on: Mar 08, 2018, 03:03 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1876 on: Mar 08, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Now if this snow will melt we can start moving some of these into the other houses up the sidewalk.. :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1877 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:31 PM »
It's been snowing like hell on and off here. Just at 32*. We picked up another couple inches.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1878 on: Mar 14, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Heres another 20thousand plugs to be planted........

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1879 on: Mar 14, 2018, 02:59 PM »
That's a bunch of green stuff Dom. Our people at the store are scrambling to try to get the garden center set up. Two big snowfalls haven't helped a bit.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #1880 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Never gotten to play with a greenhouse. I grew up on a dairy/crop farm and we always had a huge garden. I also experimented with a cold weather hoop house to grow greens over the winter- that was a cool experiment that did well. I left the farm a few years back but still have a 50' x 50' garden at my house that I grow a little bit of everything in. Weeding gets a little overwhelming at times, but it always provides and my wife does a lot of freezing and canning. Her jars of homemade salsa are a big hit around the neighborhood! Thanks for this thread- I enjoy seeing what everyone else is growing! Good luck this year greenthumbs
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #1881 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:27 AM »
RD, is that red "watering can" in the bottom of your second pic the secret fertilizer you use to help get the plugs started? lol
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1882 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:43 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Thats been going in the snowblower every day..       >:( >:( >:(
To much snow for me.......a

Mac Attack

« Reply #1883 on: Mar 15, 2018, 08:14 AM »
No garden this year, as decreed by Donna.

So I’ll keep the black plastic over it to keep out the weeds.

It was her garden.
I was simply the plow horse.

So I’m not upset really.

In the Fall for the canning we I’ll go to the farmers market and it all at once.

During the summer, friends and family give us tons of veggies from their gardens.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1884 on: Mar 15, 2018, 04:53 PM »
;D ;D ;D
Thats been going in the snowblower every day..       >:( >:( >:(
To much snow for me.......a

With the sun as high as it is, I'm thinking high 20's outside and mid 70's in the greenhouses.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1885 on: Mar 15, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Sunny and hot today.  But i had to move a bunch of stuff up to another house so your going back and forth from inside to outside to inside. So 95* inside to 28*outside..  But got a bunch planted today..

We need some snow to melt soon to start filling these....  .

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1886 on: Mar 15, 2018, 06:20 PM »
That's crazy Dom. 95* in side ?

Without heat?

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1887 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:09 PM »
From 9 am with full sun the heat never came on but the wood stoves and wood boiler were getting loaded before i left tonight......
Had some exaust fans on and the louvers open.   Sometimes even the overhead doors.... . Sunburn on the face today.... :laugh:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1888 on: Mar 15, 2018, 07:11 PM »
This is inbetween 2 hoop houses we havent gotten to yet.....

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1889 on: Mar 15, 2018, 09:44 PM »

i gotta talk Lisa into going to your place Bud!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.