FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518232 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1920 on: Mar 24, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Actually got outside and did some yard work today. Burned a big pile of dropped branches and sticks along with a tote of scraps and sawdust from the little wood shop. Pulled all of the old morning glory vines from the towers and burned that too.

Added a layer of mulch to the flag pole planting and put up the deer fence so they don't eat my posies.

Removed a layer of frozen straw from my strawberry bed to find new sprouts already.

Even got to relax in the afternoon sun with a couple old ones while I watched the sausage ocoking on the Weber.

Damned fine early spring day.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1921 on: Mar 24, 2018, 06:02 PM »
Nice..  Wish I could see my lawn.....
It was cold and windy here today and never got above 30*......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1922 on: Mar 25, 2018, 06:54 AM »
Today looks to be a bit warmer here. Close to 40 anyway. I'm pulling the boat outside and covering it up so I can the the tractor, hand mower and chipper shredder inside and get them  ready for work.

I'll move the planter boxes out front too and maybe fill them if the soil stash isn't still frozen. I know it's way too eRly to plant, but I may as well take advantage of a nice day to get stuff moved around.

I plan on starting to build the trough planter this week so I'll probably move the mitre Saw, and table saw/router out to the summer shop. Still contemplating the cover system. I think I'm gonna bend up some emt to make the frame and cover it with clear corrugated polycarbonate. That way if there's a chance of frost I can pop a couple light bulbs in brooder lamps to keep it warm.

Thinking seriously about using an automatic vent opener for the cover. 

Spent  the winter turning stuff and doing little projects. I'm getting really itchy to build something big! :w00t: :w00t:

Anyone else have expansion plans?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1923 on: Mar 25, 2018, 09:47 AM »
I don't know if it's a major expansion, but I plan to try the bottomless bucket potato thing this year. I've heard of good results with it.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1924 on: Mar 25, 2018, 12:51 PM »
I've seen those but never really understood how they work.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1925 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:03 PM »
From what I understand, as the plant grows you lift the bucket and add more dirt instead of hilling. I know people that swear by it and say they get 10 pounds of potatoes per bucket without digging.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1926 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Ok...now I'm  interested. I'll do a search.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1927 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Are you talking about the two bucket method where you cut the sides out of one and place it inside another?

Bob

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1928 on: Mar 25, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Yes.   ;D

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1929 on: Mar 25, 2018, 07:14 PM »
Filling 6pk trays/flats. They go inside the machine empty and come out full..
Then there put on carts and put in the other houses to be planted next week...
I did almost 400 trays today and only need  800 more by next week...... ;D

Not as impressive but my daughter and in planted 8 6-packs today. Mainly hot peppers, some beans and some tomatoes. If I get 6 plants total out of them I will be impressed!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1930 on: Mar 26, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Scarlet  Begonias and tea for two.
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue... ;D ;D ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1931 on: Mar 26, 2018, 02:00 PM »
A new varitiy of petunias.  Kind of tie dieish....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1932 on: Mar 26, 2018, 02:02 PM »
And some other colors...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1933 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:33 PM »
Yes.   ;D

Think I can paint some Lowes buckets black. We have seed potatoes....I have dirt.......I mean.....soil :laugh:

What the heck.....I'll give it a go!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1934 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Looking nice Dom. I picked up some Climatis for the towers. Gonna try to get them established.

Any tips?

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.