FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517972 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2175 on: May 31, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Just removed this 18 incher from the  stone wall so the Amish girl could finish weeding....    ;D
She don't do snakes either.... .. 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2176 on: May 31, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Everyone else's gardens look just awesome...
Hope to have some pictures of mine this weekend... :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2177 on: May 31, 2018, 04:27 PM »
I do have oranges coming on my miniature tree....

Was told to take 1/2 of them off and the rest will do better..... :-\

wallyworld

« Reply #2178 on: May 31, 2018, 06:12 PM »
NO SNAKES  :nono: :pinch:  :o

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2179 on: Jun 01, 2018, 04:51 AM »
Snakes don't bother me much. They're good predators.

Picked up a few more strawberry plants on sale at Lowes. I'm waiting till tomorrow to plant them. Too blasted hot today. Supposed to get near 90 again. 70's tomorrow and for the next week. Much easier on the transplanting process.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Roccus

« Reply #2180 on: Jun 01, 2018, 11:30 AM »
LMFAO!
..l  Thanks buddy!.... here's a few pictures of the flower and ornamental garden... I'll have to take the "out back pictures this weekend

Roccus

« Reply #2181 on: Jun 01, 2018, 11:30 AM »
..l  Thanks buddy!.... here's a few pictures of the flower and ornamental garden... I'll have to take the "out back pictures this weekend
d**n pictures didn't post  :-[

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2182 on: Jun 01, 2018, 02:59 PM »
If you want to text me the picture i can post it for you within the next hour.
Wicked Wec

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2183 on: Jun 04, 2018, 04:44 AM »

Well I managed to get planted just intime for the Monsoon, so I only snapped one quick cell phone pic.....

Went wicked heavy on the pickle vines this year, also trying a couple new maters, one they claim should have ripe fruit by the 4'th, I doubt it but we shall see. the other new ones are the Big Early and San Marziano, along with a cherry and Roma. Hungarian's, Red bell, Portuguese Hot, and Thai Dragon for the peppers. Brussles, Peas, Carrots, Beans complete the veggies. for the herbs I have Parsley, Cillantro, Dill, Green and Purple Basil,Chives and Chocolate Mint. My apples bloomed well but didn't get squat for pollination. Few Macs on the one tree but I have some rust looking fungi that's making it hard to shoot new growth..... I did find a beautiful looking blue berry bush and got that planted in the orchard with the potted one from last year that barely made it through the winter. If I catch a sale I may do a couple more. Should have some Strawberries by the time I get home next weekend ;D and I'm starting too see some blossoms on one of the new raspberry vines. It's a start :thumbup_smilie:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2184 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:01 AM »
Looks great Ed.
I should have planted the rest of mine yesterday but went fishing instead.   ::)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2185 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:14 AM »
Looks great Ed.
I should have planted the rest of mine yesterday but went fishing instead.   ::)
I imagine it's not as much fun for you..... Oh Thanks Loser  8) Lisa says it's past time we visited ;)

tomturkey

« Reply #2186 on: Jun 04, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Raq. I was looking for a small tray of cherry tomatoes to plant yesterday. All I could find was 3 inch pots of single tomatoes as $3.50. I talked to the gal at a Meijer's that said that was all they got this year, no trays. I guess I will look else where as I am not paying that for one plant. I would rather plant smaller plants I figure they do not get shocked as bad as the bigger ones.

You still do they trays don't you?

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2187 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Looks good, Ed.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2188 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Raq. I was looking for a small tray of cherry tomatoes to plant yesterday. All I could find was 3 inch pots of single tomatoes as $3.50. I talked to the gal at a Meijer's that said that was all they got this year, no trays. I guess I will look else where as I am not paying that for one plant. I would rather plant smaller plants I figure they do not get shocked as bad as the bigger ones.

You still do they trays don't you?

6 packs of vegetables we do.. And go through a ton of them.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2189 on: Jun 04, 2018, 07:37 AM »
Looks good Ed. More pickles is better👍

All my gardens are really taking off. Tomatoes grew several inches this last week. Asparagus slowed down a bit so I'm letting it grow. We'll probably harvest a few more meals. My pickles and cukes are sprouting third sets of leaves and e jalapeņos are showing signs of new growth. They're really slow this year.

Changed out the bedding in my worm farm and spread the castings on all my tomatoes and the clematis I planted. Doused my flower gardens with bloom booster and planted 3 more blue hosta I forgot I had in the cupboard.

The tomtato plant is surviving quite nicely. My only concern now is that the potatoes are growing so big that it's not getting a ton of sunshine. But, at least I know I can graft the two together. Whether or not I get 🍅 is another question.

We shall see.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.