FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518007 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2340 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Sorry, no dogs for me. I've had my fill.

The trap is set....now we'll see. The anticipation is killing me.

Just baked up some biscuits for strawberry shortcake tonight.

Mnmmmm! Shortcake.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #2341 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Hmmmm. Add a cumbustion chamber and a spritz of ether, and you can launch them 5 neighbors down!   :o

We're's like like button!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2342 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:47 AM »
I never did put up the trail cams, but it might be the same culprit who took a liking to my sugar snap peas...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2343 on: Jun 29, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Killed my first batch of Japanese beetles this morning. I though I saw a few flying around at the park on my walk . Came home and found a dozen or so in my asparagus. Got out the Malthion! Don't know why they always go for the asparagus. I set up a trap, as an experiment, about 40 yards away and upwind of my garden. I'm gonna monitor how many it traps and how many still show up on my plants.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #2344 on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:30 PM »
Killed my first batch of Japanese beetles this morning. I though I saw a few flying around at the park on my walk . Came home and found a dozen or so in my asparagus. Got out the Malthion! Don't know why they always go for the asparagus. I set up a trap, as an experiment, about 40 yards away and upwind of my garden. I'm gonna monitor how many it traps and how many still show up on my plants.

Rg

Rember to move it as the wind changes.. if only one trap..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2345 on: Jun 30, 2018, 02:56 AM »
The trap caught a ton of beetles yesterday.  There must have been a hundred or so. I'm buying 2 more today to place further away and further upwind and down wind.

I know they attract beetles to the area but I figure I may as well kill as many as possible to prevent their reproducing. They'll meet they're demise in a bucket of soapy water and go in the trash.

Good news was, I couldn't find one Beetle on my plants.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2346 on: Jun 30, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Nice! Good to hear cause you cought it early now they won't be in soil hopefully??
 that were they go after falling off plant.. websites suggest not tilling veggies like  potatoes squash etc under the soil for it attrcks bugs Like so remember me saying this... iam sure you knew this?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2347 on: Jul 01, 2018, 03:41 PM »
I was watching them swarm the traps today. Why they hit the vanes and dive into the bag I'll never know. I saw 4 at once hit the trap from different directions and all went in the bag.

I did kill a half dozen on my asparagus today, but it would have been a plague without the traps I think.

I'll empty the traps in the morning and peat a picture.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2348 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Rg this gives good in site in to the Japanese beetle always good to read up on the bug you want to incinerate..

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/resources/japanese_beetle_tips_for_your_lawn

boondox

« Reply #2349 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:13 PM »
Oh by the way rg I think they sell a lawn fertilizer you spread with a spreader..  spring and fall just a heads up you got to use a spreader on the lawn to put it down.. I think  it is a brand like Scott's brand or some thing similar??  any how it's a jap beetle preventer and fertilizer.. might be worth the trouble for you??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2350 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:30 PM »
Won't do a darned thing if all my neighbors don't do applications as well. Waste of money.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #2351 on: Jul 01, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Won't do a darned thing if all my neighbors don't do applications as well. Waste of money.

Rg

Exactly. 

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2352 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:35 PM »
I never did put up the trail cams, but it might be the same culprit who took a liking to my sugar snap peas...

Was playing catch with the princess, grilling sausage and saw what was likely the Hosta and sugar snap culprit, broad side about 75 yards away. Amazingly it was 430 in the afternoon and 96*. After staring down the princess for 6 minutes it wandered back into the woods

boondox

« Reply #2353 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Must be a deer cause it was broad side..

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2354 on: Jul 01, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Must be a deer cause it was broad side..

Was a good eating size too. Well, aren’t they all?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.