FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518352 times)

jperch

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2580 on: Aug 25, 2018, 08:02 AM »
 I also do a perch lasagna with spinach and a very rich white sauce.

Rg
[/quote]
Hmmmm, perch + spinach lasagna, sounds awesome.  Care to share your recipe Bob?
jperch

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2582 on: Aug 25, 2018, 10:24 AM »
My fave.... ;D. Just had some..... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2583 on: Aug 25, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Do you spread it or dip it?  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2584 on: Aug 26, 2018, 05:53 AM »
Dippin pretzel sticks in it....

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2585 on: Aug 26, 2018, 12:20 PM »
First batch of pepper jam in the books. Use jalapeños, Hungarian Wax and Portugal hot peppers this go round. The guys in the woods and on the ice prefer it hot, hot, hot so did not use any bell peppers.

Bartman44

« Reply #2586 on: Aug 26, 2018, 02:04 PM »
First batch of pepper jam in the books. Use jalapeños, Hungarian Wax and Portugal hot peppers this go round. The guys in the woods and on the ice prefer it hot, hot, hot so did not use any bell peppers.

I had a very good jalapenos season and my wife just made the same thing.  Delicious on a cracker,  hard to stop eating it.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2587 on: Aug 26, 2018, 07:03 PM »
I also do a perch lasagna with spinach and a very rich white sauce.

Rg

Hmmmm, perch + spinach lasagna, sounds awesome.  Care to share your recipe Bob?
jperch

Give me a bit, I'll have to check the recipe files. Don't  want to miss anything.

I usually don't  cook by recipe, but, I like to have a base line to work from.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2588 on: Aug 26, 2018, 07:17 PM »
I had a very good jalapenos season and my wife just made the same thing.  Delicious on a cracker,  hard to stop eating it.

Yes sir Bateman. Most times I just scoop a wheat thin right in the jam. Or spread on a toasted English muffin.

Also pairs well with venison summer sausage, but what doesn’t...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2589 on: Aug 27, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Picked a bushel of tomatoes yesterday. Mr stripy, beefsteak, black Krim, Better Boy and Jubilee. There's been so much rain they were really full of juice and starting to split. Decided to make a giant pot of garden salsa.

Taste test with my neighbor rates it AA. Needs a bit mor heat. I can do that👍

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2590 on: Aug 27, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Nice job Bob....  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2591 on: Aug 27, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Let's see.....Perch Lasagna....

White sauce:
Sauté onions, salt and pepper in butter
Add flour to make a nice smooth roux
Reduce with 1% milk till a smooth loose white sauce.

You can add any seasonings you like to the sauce. I like a bunch of fresh Greek oregano, Basil, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.

I use no cook Lasagna by Barrila.

Mix ricotta with whole egg, parsley, salt , pepper, Parmesan and whatever other cheese you like to form a smooth cheese mix.

Layer sauce, Lasagna, fish, ricotta and spinach in 3-4 layers. Add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese if you're inclined. Top the dish with white sauce and whatever cheese you like. Feta, Parmesan, goat cheese, mozzarella........whatever you like.

Bake slow, covered at 325 degrees till bubbly, . Cook uncovered for anotherr 15-20 minutes or till just browned on top.

This sounds like a simple recipe, and it is.

Like I said, I don't cook with recipes much. So, it's a recipe to,work from.

Rg

jperch

« Reply #2592 on: Aug 27, 2018, 05:46 PM »
Thanks for the lasagna recipe Bob, the GF and I will give it a whirl, sounds great.
jperch

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2593 on: Aug 28, 2018, 06:15 AM »
You're welcome. Add a cup of grated sharp cheddar and some chopped jalapeños to the white sauce to kick it up a bit.👍

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2594 on: Aug 28, 2018, 05:42 PM »
RG, I am going to miss gardening season too. Nothing like going from garden to table.

Went through the beds tonight before dinner, beans and tomatoes still there for the taking daily.

Hoping the late season peppers start popping up for hot sauce, more pepper jam and to be pickled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.