FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518174 times)

masoneddie

• Happiness is a bent rod....Doh!
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2895 on: May 27, 2019, 07:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing all the great pictures and your gardens guys....awesome!   :thumbup_smilie:
  RG...you bring the backyard gardens to a whole nother level Sir....shouldn’t have shown them to my wife, lol.  Beautiful job Sir!    :clapping:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2896 on: May 27, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Thanks!
Nice to see you around Eddie. I don't get over to the Shanty much any more.

Have fun fishing Dom. I've gotta go serve the public at Lowes for 4 hours then it's a neighborhood cookout and horseshoes.

Saw our first hummingbird at the feeder last evening. First of many we hope.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2897 on: May 27, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Thanks but not fishing.  Watering the greenhouse.. .  8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2898 on: May 27, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Good stuff guys  ;)

All planted up, 4 yards of soil.... Ouch 

Orchard is taking shape nicely  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2899 on: May 27, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Sorry Dom. Was hoping for the best I guess.

Really nice DD. Great job. Yours to enjoy for many years to come. Such a great investment. The returns are immeasurable.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2900 on: May 28, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Way to go Ed. Looks awesome....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2901 on: May 28, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Planted the trough planter this morning with 3 varieties of  radishes and some spinach. Rained  nice today to set them in. Looking forward to some salad makings. Mulched the vegetable gardens with partially composted leaves. Brought the potatoes up a lot, filled the bags to the brim, mulched the tomatoes, pickles and cukes.

Set the trap for the red squirrel that's been digging holes in my gardens. He may not make it to the park. Had the audacity to dig holes in my strawberries and garlic. It's war I tell you!

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2902 on: May 29, 2019, 05:57 AM »
You guys are killing it.
I'm so far behind do to the collar bone... :(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2903 on: May 29, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Well, heal up first Dom.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2904 on: May 29, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Well, heal up first Dom.

Rg

Thanks Bob. I'm trying.....
I have my little space in one of the houses with my plants and a not for sale sign on them.... There doing better in there than my garden with nights in the 40's and highs in the 50's..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2905 on: May 30, 2019, 05:51 AM »
I figured you'd make do👍

Had to put plastic chicken netting over my flower boxes. I'll probably have to do the raised beds as well. Thought it was a red squirrel digging around, but I've been smelling skunk the past couple nights. It's digging holes looking for worms I figure and there's no shortage of worms in my beds. They're loaded with them.

I set the smaller havahart trap but I think I'll have to set the larger one to get this one. I've trapped 3 skunks in the past ( by accident) I without any stinky incidents......hope my luck holds out.

I may try some repellent first.
Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2906 on: May 30, 2019, 06:37 PM »
You guys are killing it.
I'm so far behind do to the collar bone... :(
Get well soon Loser, I want some relish this year  8) And I plan on some beetle food with Brownie again, been too long.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2907 on: May 30, 2019, 06:47 PM »
"Beetle food with brownies" ......ok.....you got my attention.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2908 on: May 31, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Get well soon Loser, I want some relish this year  8) And I plan on some beetle food with Brownie again, been too long.....

Yeah its hurting today. 
Any time you want to visit loser I'm here..
The beetles can use some fresh meat..

"Beetle food with brownies" ......ok.....you got my attention.

Rg

He has a deer skull or two to go in my beetle tanks to be cleaned off. 
And my nick name was Brownie... ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2909 on: May 31, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Ha! Forgot about your beetle tanks..

I have Chickadees nesting in the wren house I have in my big pine tree. They and the bluebirds have been picking away at my coconut planter baskets for nest material. So I bought another planter basket and filled it with dry grasses and stuff I picked up at the park. I hope they'll make use of it.

Very happy to see the chickadees move in.

On a garden note, everything is just plain happy! Tomatoes, peppers, cukes and pickles are shooting up quick. The garlic bed is amazing. Flowers are really taking hold too. Even my lawn looks lush.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.