FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518352 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3375 on: May 18, 2020, 06:02 AM »
I was always told you can't grow onions next to potatoes... onions will get in the potatoes' eyes and they can't see to grow!

Those raised beds and compost looks awesome! And not a rock in sight...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3376 on: May 18, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Ha... ;D
Cant wait till there all 20" s tall.  Better yet 30"s and i wont have to bend over at all.. 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3377 on: May 18, 2020, 06:58 AM »
I guess each time you add 10 inches you can mark them. "When I was 40, when I was 50 and so on." But not too high, when you get into your 70's ladders become an issue...h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3378 on: May 18, 2020, 02:30 PM »
Went out to greet the mail carrier today. She got out of the truck wearing a WWII surplus gas mask and holding out a package for me on a 4' stick. She mumbled something but I couldn't make out exactly what she said. But, from e look In her eyes ( tears and all) ...through the mask...I gathered it was a seriously off color comment.

After I took possession she jumped back in her truck, rolled down the windows, ripped off the mask and sped away.

Then it hit me....an incredible, overwhelming odor.......garlic. Me being me...I took the package in the house and opened it up. It was difficult to see who it was from as my eyes were already watering.....from walking back from the mailbox.

Anyway...thanks for the Garlic Chives Dom. I planted them immediately and my house will never be the same.

The post office had the package tied up in 3 plastic bags. Didn't stifle it one bit.

You're the best!

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bosco

« Reply #3379 on: May 18, 2020, 04:57 PM »
Hey RGfixit. Sorry for the delayed reply on this. I'm an idiot. I meant scallions, not shallots. I don't know why I always misname the two.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3380 on: May 18, 2020, 10:47 PM »
Got the chives today Dom! Thanks Loser 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3381 on: May 19, 2020, 05:05 AM »
Bob now that is funny..  Your welcome..

Got the chives today Dom! Thanks Loser 8)

Your welcome loser...

Let them go to seed on the tops and shake them off and cover them up or take them and plant..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3382 on: May 19, 2020, 05:27 AM »
They'll have their own corner in my herb garden. I love perennial anything!

Thanks again.
 Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rivereddy

« Reply #3383 on: May 19, 2020, 08:29 AM »
garden's in but everything is rather "leggy" from too much rain and too little
sun and warmth.

fish,(or should I say weed) on

rivereddy

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3384 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45 PM »
Got the garden turned over and fresh compost and peat moss mixed in. Weed paper is down. Ready to plant! Wife got some flowers planted and I did one of my grow boxes with jalapeņos!
Great day for playing in the dirt!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3385 on: May 19, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Transferred some re-started seeds to the trough planter. Pickles,  cukes, sprouts and broccoli are coming up. Late start for me in the gardens but, I've plenty of time.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3386 on: May 20, 2020, 08:26 AM »
Braved Lowes this morning and bought osme garden supplies. Lots of flowers for my Bride, a few bags of soil, landscape fabric, malathion and some critter repellent.

Sure wish I lived closer to Dom.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #3387 on: May 20, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Yea, we have to hit HD today or tomorrow.
Need more black mulch for the front 2 gardens and they have a gas grill I'm going to buy for the lake to get me over the hump for the next year or so.
At least until I get my awning and side room installed so I can have a place for what I really want.

Man, the lawn is growing fast this week.
Rain and now warmer temps and sun.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3388 on: May 20, 2020, 04:54 PM »
Ok.  Thank goodness I had a bandana over my face..
I can't make this stuff  up but i had an attractive (even with her mask on) young (compared to me) women come up to me and say .
" Sir do you happen to have any Chlamydias vine?"   8) 8)

I almost lost it but got it together and told her no but we have Clematis vine..  ;D ;D
 "Oh thats how you say it "

Almost lost it again..........

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3389 on: May 20, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Retail can be very disturbing sometimes. Or is that distracting.

Gardened my butt off today. Flowers, planter boxes, veggie beds are all ready . Braved the trip to Lowes this morning to buy soil and plants. Have to admit it was good to see some of my friends there.
 There's  a few I miss seeing every day.

Anyway, my growing season is in full swing.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.