FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517929 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3555 on: Jun 20, 2020, 04:34 PM »
SM ya just have to eat it slow and not all at once.... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3556 on: Jun 20, 2020, 04:54 PM »
SM ya just have to eat it slow and not all at once.... ;D

This one cane is opening up roughly 2 new blossoms a day, along with my dwarf raspberry in the pot next to it, I’ve been using a qtip to hand pollinate since I doubt that it’s getting much attention from bees. Now ants have been on them, so I’m watching out for their aphid cows, and June bugs have been all over the place at night.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3557 on: Jun 20, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Such a small “crop” but this will hopefully soon be my first yellow raspberry, can’t wait to try it. It’s the berries off the one year cane I bought at a nursery, it was already blooming when I got it, and has now sprouted 4-5 new canes in the pot.

In my opinion the golden Raspberry is the best

seamonkey84

« Reply #3558 on: Jun 20, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Well this will be my first time trying one. This is a fall gold, I have a Anne yellow bare root that I’m waiting to see come to life. Then I’m on the search for kiwi gold or honey queen. Going to see which I like the best. Going to have to be picky, as well as with the reds I choose to grow/keep. I’m still waiting on most of the blackberry plants I ordered. I got an update though, the shipping date has been pushed up and likely getting them a month sooner... so late July instead of late August for 4-6” rooted cuttings. Some are fall bearing, so they may grow enough to put out some berries this year for me to have a taste of what they have to offer.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #3559 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Lowjack I also ran into problems watering at night. I think my cold well water stresses my plants if watered in the evening vs. the morning when things have cooled off. Have also read you're more likely to have issues with cutworms if you water in the evening. Allegedly the cutworms like to move on wet ground vs. dry and feed at night. I will also be adding diatomaceous earth around the plants.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #3560 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Anybody have any recommendations for a electric pump to pull surface pond water to sprinkler feed a garden? I'm using well water via a garden hose, but it's really cold and seems to shock the plants even in the early morning or late evening. I have used a sump pumps in a five gallon bucket to move water, but they  don't have PSI needed for a sprinkler or garden hose nozzle. (30 psi minimum is needed and yes I've tried a sump pump). I have four ponds on the property so there isn't a lack of warm water.

Two gardens but neither is terrible big so pump does not have to be large. Electric power acmes is not an issue. I could easily bury PVC below the surface of the ground.

Thanks!
A garden pond pump should work. A lot of them have standard garden hose fittings on them already. The mag drive pumps last forever, much better than the older o-ring sealed pumps.

fishinator

« Reply #3561 on: Jun 21, 2020, 07:44 PM »
So far neem oil has shown some results with the bugs. Haven't noticed any new holes or found very many slugs. Haven't found a squash bug either but I just replanted my cucumbers and zucchini so it's too early to tell with them.

taxid

« Reply #3562 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:35 AM »
A garden pond pump should work. A lot of them have standard garden hose fittings on them already. The mag drive pumps last forever, much better than the older o-ring sealed pumps.

Thanks for the information. I use mag drive pumps for my indoor fish rearing systems. I love 'em. They almost last forever!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3563 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:36 AM »
So far neem oil has shown some results with the bugs. Haven't noticed any new holes or found very many slugs. Haven't found a squash bug either but I just replanted my cucumbers and zucchini so it's too early to tell with them.

Will have to check the stuff out! Thanks!

taxid

« Reply #3564 on: Jun 22, 2020, 06:37 AM »
Garden is starting to take off.
Been watering every morning before the sun up
By hand. Been seeing way better growth from the plants withe the early watering
I was originally watering the tomatoes at night
And the bottom leaves were getting molding
Removed all the mold areas and all new fresh growth with the morning watering.
also landed this girl last weekend up in the adk

How big was the pike?

taxid

« Reply #3565 on: Jun 22, 2020, 09:49 PM »

That's a big pike! I have mounted them to 48 (state record), but rarely over 42.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3566 on: Jun 23, 2020, 05:01 PM »

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3567 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:33 PM »
Beautiful walkway

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3568 on: Jun 23, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Well deserved Heineken!

seamonkey84

« Reply #3569 on: Jun 23, 2020, 09:52 PM »

🤣
Well I can see thats a problem if you just grew the one plant.
 Though I realize I only have the one tomato plant (grape tomatoes) in my garden of potted plants, along with the one Serrano pepper.

Lowjack, That’s a beautiful walkway!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.