FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517986 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3585 on: Jun 24, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Thanks! I put them on backwards so I can adjust them

Ha..  Didnt notice that..  Good Idea.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3586 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:17 PM »
   Ha..  Didnt notice that..  Good Idea.. ;D

Learned the hard way last year when I tightened them too much. Again...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3587 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:18 PM »
I used to be way more aggressive with pruning. Now I just pinch off the little suckers that sprout at the base of the main leaf stems.
Anyway....here's where I am at this point.
Potatoes are crazy.

The cukes and tomatoes in the bags are doing just fine. And the garlic is about 2-3 weeks from harvest

Herb garden is coming along.

More tomatoes, hot peppers& broccoli

Fenced in the asparagus today. Getting out of control.

Trough Planter is sprouting a second crop of radishes

More tomatoes and a slicer cuke at the back of the house.

Mama's gardens are fat and happy.

So far..a really good growing year.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3588 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:19 PM »
My problem is that if too loose and a good storm hits they flop over.

We got a good one this morning and they held up okay. But I was worried if they were too tight the plant would snap at the zip tie

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3589 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:20 PM »
I used to be way more aggressive with pruning. Now I just pinch off the little suckers that sprout at the base of the main leaf stems.
Anyway....here's where I am at this point.
Potatoes are crazy.

The cukes and tomatoes in the bags are doing just fine. And the garlic is about 2-3 weeks from harvest

Herb garden is coming along.

More tomatoes, hot peppers& broccoli

Fenced in the asparagus today. Getting out of control.

Trough Planter is sprouting a second crop of radishes

More tomatoes and a slicer cuke at the back of the house.

Mama's gardens are fat and happy.

So far..a really good growing year.

Rg

Looking good as always!

taxid

« Reply #3590 on: Jun 24, 2020, 06:59 PM »
And it looks like some of your zip ties are a little tight..... ;)
 I like to use bailer twine tied loose....

Pieces of pantyhose works good too. No cutting into the plant.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Bartman44

« Reply #3591 on: Jun 24, 2020, 07:05 PM »
Looking good guys.   I'm going to try the bags next season to expand the crop. My micro garden is small compared to you folks but its off to a good start as well. I have one tomato plant that grew up as a seed from last season  in the rocks and I'm going to transplant it. Don't know what it is  yet, "mystery tomato."

Also, the clematis finally bloomed.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3592 on: Jun 24, 2020, 07:14 PM »

Marker ribbon works good

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3593 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:05 PM »
Looking good everybody definitely a good growing season so far, besides the groundhog got my carrots latest pic from the roof

That’s a sharp looking garden!

taxid

« Reply #3594 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:06 PM »
The cukes and tomatoes in the bags are doing just fine.

Rg do you provide drainage holes in the bottom of the bags like they do in buckets?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3595 on: Jun 24, 2020, 08:06 PM »
That’s a sharp looking garden!

Sure is!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3596 on: Jun 25, 2020, 03:09 AM »
Actually those are potato bags. There's a trap door on the side where you supposedly can remove some potatoes while tha plant is still growing. There's drain holes in the bottom. Didn't produce potatoes well but the tomatoes and cukes seem to like them just fine. Got them really cheap on eBay. They'll hold about 7 gallons of soil. I didn't fill them that much...maybe 4 gallons.

Anyway, 2 or 5 gallon buckets would work just as well. A couple years back I planted a bunch of excess pickle starts in some 1 gallon buckets I picked up at the local recycling plant for $.10 each and they did very well. Watering is kind of fussy though. Easy to over or under water a container I think.

Garden looks great Bart. Lowjack...the ONLY thing I don't see in your gardens is a bee house. Very nice!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #3597 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:32 AM »
Actually those are potato bags. There's a trap door on the side where you supposedly can remove some potatoes while tha plant is still growing. There's drain holes in the bottom. Didn't produce potatoes well but the tomatoes and cukes seem to like them just fine. Got them really cheap on eBay. They'll hold about 7 gallons of soil. I didn't fill them that much...maybe 4 gallons.

Anyway, 2 or 5 gallon buckets would work just as well. A couple years back I planted a bunch of excess pickle starts in some 1 gallon buckets I picked up at the local recycling plant for $.10 each and they did very well. Watering is kind of fussy though. Easy to over or under water a container I think.

Garden looks great Bart. Lowjack...the ONLY thing I don't see in your gardens is a bee house. Very nice!
Rg

Interesting. Thanks for you reply.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3598 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:56 AM »
Bob, Lojack and Bart everything looks great. 
  As long as you can keep up with the watering  things are growing great.   Just got done watering mine.   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3599 on: Jun 25, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Mine got a good watering yesterday and the day before....thanks Mother Nature!

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.