FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518143 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3690 on: Jul 11, 2020, 11:07 PM »
My Tomato plants were miss marked but I’m happy with the results , so firm and tasty at 10.34oz , also put up 3 jars of garlic dills as the cukes are doing well 

Those look good to me. I’m jealous that you have pickles already.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3691 on: Jul 12, 2020, 05:39 AM »
I have some pickles and cukes and lots of green tomatoes. Gonna pull the rest of the garlic today and maybe the Norland Red potatoes. They're pretty much dying off. The Norkotah potatoes have a ways to go.

Time to start thinking about fall planting. Think it's going to be green beans, broccoli, maybe some carrots and a couple more Brussels sprout.

Pretty good rain yesterday. We could use another few inches over the next couple weeks.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3692 on: Jul 12, 2020, 06:10 AM »
holy cow fred i have a few almost ready>>>nothing like that though

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3693 on: Jul 12, 2020, 06:22 PM »
holy cow fred i have a few almost ready>>>nothing like that though

I think it's some sort of Voodoo!

Harvested the rest of my garlic and some new potatoes this morning.

A couple odd pickles to boot.

Used some of the garlic in our dinner tonight. Incredibly light and almost creamy.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3694 on: Jul 12, 2020, 06:37 PM »

Early spuds 👍

taxid

« Reply #3695 on: Jul 12, 2020, 09:07 PM »
Great observation. It’s actually landscaping cloth, which is porous so there’s no issue when watering.

I never gave much thought as to whether there is an issue with the temperature of the soil. But I have very little issues with weeds in the beds, which is a huge plus.

Thanks. Makes sense!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3696 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:01 AM »
Nice garlic and spuds Bob. Mine are still growing.   If i remember you were putting things in the ground while I still had snow on mine.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3697 on: Jul 13, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Well, you live just below the Arctic circle I think.

I'm going to wait to pull all the potatoes and probably won't start fall crops till August. Looks like a couple more weeks of really hot weather. I'll start some beans though. They don't seem to care about heat.

Radishes will be ready soon in the trough. Spinach has sprouted. Tomatoes are getting bigger. Even have some on the upside down plants.

All my stuff seems a bit behind. But we had that really cold spell in early May and I started nearly everything from seed.

It'll get there.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3698 on: Jul 13, 2020, 10:41 AM »
I pulled a few of the garlic bulbs but there just a little small.   
 The potato bed is just crazy and i had to cut come of the tops of because they were hanging on the electric fence.   
 Might stick my spade in the ground tonight and see if I can find some and see whats going on down there..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3699 on: Jul 13, 2020, 01:11 PM »
My gardens just got watered big time. 20 minute downpour. Gotta get a rein gauge.

Rg

taxid

« Reply #3700 on: Jul 13, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Same here Rg on Sunday. I was happy as a clam. Didn't have to water this morning!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3701 on: Jul 13, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Sitting out under the umbrella this evening having a cocktail with my Bride and watching the havahart trap I set for the squirrels that have been digging holes all over my gardens. Watched one pull the stick with peanut butter and sunflower seedsout of the trap and lick it clean.

It...I assume he from its coloring....poked around, checked it out and finally ventured into the trap. Watched it all as it...he....she....was imprisoned ( politically correct account there🙄🙄🙄)

Anyway, since I already had a couple of cocktails, my Bride drove the convicted offender and I to the park to effect its....his.....her...release into new habitat.

3 more to go and I think I'll have them a bit under control.

Sorry...no pics. I was preoccupied.
Rg

taxid

« Reply #3702 on: Jul 13, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Sitting out under the umbrella this evening having a cocktail with my Bride and watching the havahart trap I set for the squirrels that have been digging holes all over my gardens. Watched one pull the stick with peanut butter and sunflower seedsout of the trap and lick it clean.

It...I assume he from its coloring....poked around, checked it out and finally ventured into the trap. Watched it all as it...he....she....was imprisoned ( politically correct account there🙄🙄🙄)

Anyway, since I already had a couple of cocktails, my Bride drove the convicted offender and I to the park to effect its....his.....her...release into new habitat.

3 more to go and I think I'll have them a bit under control.

Sorry...no pics. I was preoccupied.
Rg

Red squirrels?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3703 on: Jul 14, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Red squirrels?

Greys! Not many reds around right now. But, a whole new herd of greys.

Gardens are looking great Lowjack.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3704 on: Jul 14, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Ljack thats not a  garden that's a second job... :o
 Man sure looks nice..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.