FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518236 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3705 on: Jul 14, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Man, all this talk about squirrel on here and the gardening forum I’m on makes me antsy for small game season!
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #3706 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:34 PM »
Nice little harvest tonight

Nice!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3707 on: Jul 14, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Greys! Not many reds around right now. But, a whole new herd of greys.

Gardens are looking great Lowjack.

Rg

So the greys are a problem in a garden? I thought they were only after nuts and pretty much stayed in trees? Apparently not?

I killed a red the other day. They make me nervous around a house as they have a reputation of getting into houses and electrical wiring. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3708 on: Jul 15, 2020, 03:09 AM »
Reds will destroy stuff. But they're easy to trap. The greys aren't as destructive but they dig holes for some stupid reason. Especially the young ones. It's like they're trying to figure out how to find nuts or something. Anywhere there's soft ground they just dig. Some of my beds are covered with chicken wire others with plastic poultry barrier.

Anything that's not covered has a myriad of shallow holes. They even get into the flower pots that are on the ground. I'm sure e adults will chase the young ones out of the territory soon but, I'll keep the trap out to help things along.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #3709 on: Jul 15, 2020, 08:23 PM »
I prefer to trap them but think we lent the trap out to my bother that is a good ways away. May just buy another one. I'm seeing chipmunks now. We've relocated a few of those over the years.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3710 on: Jul 15, 2020, 09:16 PM »
I’m really liking this guys videos. I actually want to try his fertilizer, but of course it’s sold out.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3711 on: Jul 16, 2020, 04:50 PM »
No need to water today or tomorrow.

Steady rain for a good 2 hours.

I gotta get a rain gauge......think I said that before.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3712 on: Jul 16, 2020, 04:55 PM »

Same here RG

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3713 on: Jul 16, 2020, 05:29 PM »
There pretty cheep.....    ::) ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3714 on: Jul 16, 2020, 06:10 PM »
So am I....unless it’s fishing equipment .....or woodworking tools......ok, I’ll go to Lowe’s tomorrow.

Rg

seamonkey84

« Reply #3715 on: Jul 16, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Just mark the inches on the side of a bucket and leave it out in the open, away from a building or trees. Maybe add a rock into it, and take the rock out before reading the measurements.

taxid

« Reply #3716 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:56 PM »
No need to water today or tomorrow.

Steady rain for a good 2 hours.

I gotta get a rain gauge......think I said that before.
Rg

I just got this today. Got tired of asking my neighbor how much rain we got. I will mount it to the remnant of a satellite dish post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stratus-Precision-Rain-Gauge-with-Mounting-Bracket-14-All-Weather-Full-Size/223665154031?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3717 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Bought and mounted one today. Lowes...$3.98 less my still active 10% discount. Put it on the garden gate post.

Rg

P.s.

No rain today.probably never rain again.

taxid

« Reply #3718 on: Jul 17, 2020, 09:25 PM »
Bought and mounted one today. Lowes...$3.98 less my still active 10% discount. Put it on the garden gate post.

Rg

P.s.

No rain today.probably never rain again.

:rotflol:

Yep! I set mine up and no rain for a few days!

taxid

« Reply #3719 on: Jul 19, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Looked really promising today. Sky got really dark in the west. Ended up with only 0.11 inches of rain. Oh well, we take what we can get. I do like my new rain gauge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.