FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518135 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3750 on: Jul 24, 2020, 05:45 AM »
My sure fire remedy is as follows...
Put a quarter cup or so of apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing detergent in a  small bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Poke some holes in the plastic wrap with a pencil or something and set it out. Do a couple if necessary. It will catch them all in a couple days.

I get them occasionally when I buy from farm markets. Never seem to get them from my own gardens.

They make me crazy!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3751 on: Jul 24, 2020, 05:54 AM »

Thanks for the tip RG

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3752 on: Jul 24, 2020, 06:10 AM »
My sure fire remedy is as follows...
Put a quarter cup or so of apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dishwashing detergent in a  small bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Poke some holes in the plastic wrap with a pencil or something and set it out. Do a couple if necessary. It will catch them all in a couple days.

I get them occasionally when I buy from farm markets. Never seem to get them from my own gardens.

They make me crazy!

Rg

Thanks RG!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3753 on: Jul 24, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Any cracked Tomatoes wall draw in tons of those flies and keep your Windows shut cuz they will come to your screens had a good little Harvest this morning before I went to work I mean to pick the beans save them for the old lady so far this year in my eggplant is 4 1/2 ft tall

Great points. Thanks for sharing. It is the room closest to the gardens, with a window unit AC nearby. May have to seal that up better.

Beautiful garden!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3754 on: Jul 24, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Nice harvest Jack...   :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3755 on: Jul 24, 2020, 09:12 AM »
Does anyone know how to turn seaweed into kelp meal? Is it really just wash and Dry, then grind up? I have does the type of seaweed matter?
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3756 on: Jul 25, 2020, 05:41 AM »
I’m not familiar with the process, sorry.

Showing some progress, finally have a few not green cherry tomatoes

The peppers had a great week. Hungarian wax:

Serrano:

Anaheim:

Jalapeño:

Now that the garden is watered, time to prep the ribs for the smoker

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3757 on: Jul 25, 2020, 08:58 AM »
Just put up a couple jars of Bread and Butter refrigerator pickles.

Gotta wait 2 weeks for these to get happy.

Perch Pizza for dinner tonight.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3758 on: Jul 25, 2020, 10:23 AM »
Was gifted 2 extremely large pickle cucumbers

So made some spicy dill refrigerator pickles while the ribs are smoking.

I wish someone gave me a heads up that my smaller wide mouth Ball jars were gifted away...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3759 on: Jul 25, 2020, 12:38 PM »
I’ve pretty much given away all the small mouth canning jars I used to have. They’re a pain for anything but sauce.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3760 on: Jul 25, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Garden looks great ATC.
 And yours and Bobs pickles look yummy guys......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3761 on: Jul 25, 2020, 02:49 PM »
Everyone's gardens are looking great. Unfortunately we never got one in this year. Just had too much going on. Enjoy them.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3762 on: Jul 25, 2020, 06:09 PM »
My very first homegrown strawberry  ;D

perpetua blueberry just started blooming for the fall berries

Serrano peppers are getting close, I’m going to pick a few when the first one is ripened,

Red chilis (two in front) and ghost pepper are forming flower buds

Oh, and I though I lucked out and found a currant bush growing close by that I could forage from or even take a cutting, but taking a closer look, and using a plant ID app, it looks like it’s a guelder rose

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3763 on: Jul 26, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Pulled some Norland Reds this morning for a party later. Neighbor’s smoking a couple racks of ribs. I’m making salt potatoes.

Rg

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #3764 on: Jul 26, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Very fresh new red potatoes and ribs. Doesn't get any better than that. Yum yum :clapping:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.