FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518248 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3870 on: Sep 02, 2020, 04:43 AM »
Nothing like fresh salsa..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3871 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:33 PM »
Radish question....
My radishes aren’t producing....are they too close together or something else?
I never grew them before tried this year and failed badly. Thought they were too close so I tried another spread out batch...they don’t seem to be doing any better...
Any help would be great...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3872 on: Sep 02, 2020, 05:44 PM »
They want a rich sandy soil and cool temperatures. My summer Radishes were really strong and stringy.. Spring I had a wonderful crop.  I haven't replanted yet. This week i think.

I plant about 4” apart and water a lot. Mine do best in my trough planter. Some as big as golf balls and very mild. Variety makes a difference too. I like Early Scarlet Globe for flavor and production.

Don’t give up. Plant more now.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3873 on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:45 PM »
My roommate and I grew radishes in our dorm room in college.
At least that's what we told the RA they were.

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3874 on: Sep 04, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Ahhhhh...the tin foil closet. I think I saw one many years ago.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3875 on: Sep 04, 2020, 04:57 AM »
Ahhhhh...the tin foil closet. I think I saw one many years ago.

Rg

Tyvek is what we used lol. I grew tomato plants in my closet at least that's what I told my mom they where

fishinator

« Reply #3876 on: Sep 04, 2020, 05:54 AM »
My roommate and I grew radishes in our dorm room in college.
At least that's what we told the RA they were.

8)
If they could pass for radishes, I think you weren't doing it right!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3877 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:10 AM »

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3878 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Huge pepper harvest 8) now what am I going to do..... The Portuguese make a fermented pepper sauce called Pimenta Modia id like to try but i dont have a basement, im wondering if a cooler in a dark space would work just as well?

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3879 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Thanks for the info on the Radishes! I’ll keep trying.

Nice harvest DD!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3880 on: Sep 04, 2020, 12:00 PM »
Huge pepper harvest 8) now what am I going to do..... The Portuguese make a fermented pepper sauce called Pimenta Modia id like to try but i dont have a basement, im wondering if a cooler in a dark space would work just as well?

Sounds like Franks on steroids! I like it.
Pulled the spinach from the trough planter and added a couple bags of compost/manure. Planted the next round of radishes. Only planted half. When thy sprout ill plant the other half. My San Marzano tomatoes are going nuts. Ill have to make another batch of marinara to freeze this week. Beans are covered in blossoms with some starting to form. Spinach in the raised bed is HUGE!

Moat of my other tomatoes are pretty much done, and that’s OK. I’m about tomatoed out. Still no sprouts on my Brussels. Think i planted them in the wrong spot. Too much shade from the asparagus forest. I’ll try them in another spot next year.

Rg

seamonkey84

« Reply #3881 on: Sep 04, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Awww yes, closet greens hehe. I’ve recently got one of those “indoor garden tents”. I’ll be using some of the space for some super hot peppers this winter.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Mac Attack

« Reply #3882 on: Sep 04, 2020, 02:21 PM »
If they could pass for radishes, I think you weren't doing it right!

They had just sprouted when he asked us about them.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3883 on: Sep 05, 2020, 07:06 AM »
They had just sprouted when he asked us about them.
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3884 on: Sep 05, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Did a bunch of clean up gardening this morning. Then i decided that my Horseshoe pits needed some love.

Turned the sand over, weeded, got the sprayer out and hit thew with some solid body stain , dug out and replaced the mulch  and painted the stakes. Tomorrow, my son and i will beat them up. We do like pitching some shoes and having a beer or three.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.